Solved

Phenom II x4 20

Alright guys, I got a Phenom ii x3 720 unlocked to the x4 20. I'm currently stable at 3.4ghz runs about 44C after a couple hours on prime95. I was wondering if it was possible to get it stable at 4.0ghz. I'm using a Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P. I have corsair xms3 ram at 1333 7-7-7-20. What settings should I use for this oc and is it possible?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about phenom
  1. Oh here is my current cpuz screenshots.

2. Hi, for 4GHz I think that you need LN2 and a voltage >1.5V
  3. saint19 said:
    Hi, for 4GHz I think that you need LN2 and a voltage >1.5V

Really? damn thats disappointing.
  4. Best answer
    Yeah the highest stable clock ( IF you have a really good HSF + a good CPU to do it with, every CPU is different )the most you can hope for it 3.8 without either WC or LN2.

Oh also 3.4-3.6 is the sweet spot for pretty much all the OC's on the 720 BE.
  5. Truhls said:
    Yeah the highest stable clock ( IF you have a really good HSF + a good CPU to do it with, every CPU is different )the most you can hope for it 3.8 without either WC or LN2.

Oh also 3.4-3.6 is the sweet spot for pretty much all the OC's on the 720 BE.

Yup I tried and I tried but I just couldn't get it past 3.4GHZ but I'm happy. This processor is a huge improvement from my Sempron 1.8ghz.
  6. Best answer selected by hperez.
  7. Wow! Seriously? I have a Sempron 145 2.8GHz and am looking to upgrade also. I guess you would recommend this CPU? I doubt anybody knows this, but would an OEM/Tray Phenom II x3 720 unlock as well? Does it matter if the chip is OEM/Tray or Box? I would really like to know as I am about to make a purchase that will greatly speed up my PC :)

Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Phenom Overclocking