**NEW** Antec Nine Hundred TWO!

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
:eek:

http://www.antec.com/usa/productDetails.php?lan=us&id=15920

nuff said? well i'll elaborate anyway. looks to me somewhere between the 1200 and the 900, with the 1200 style top fan and "flat" styling. notice the top angles of the 900 compared to the... 900-2? or 902? :??:

probably the most revolutionary feature though, something a lot of people have been wanting for AGES in factory cases - a pre-painted inside!

so, modders - no more taking the case apart, sanding it down and coating 9 layers of primer, paint and clearcoat - its already done for you!

still not that much revolution imo, just a new look and a fresh coat of paint.. still. interesting.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Antec Nine Hundred Two on newegg.com - $159.99 plus shipping
Free AMD CPU X2 BE-2300 w/ purchase, ends 1/31

Haha, at least you get a free cpu with it!
Looking at the interior for both the old and new 900, the new version has an additional cable management cutout on the motherboard tray, as well as having the original cutouts moved higher up. I wonder how much this will improve cable management with this case. I have the old version of the 900 (rev. 2 of the original 900, actually) and it was a bitch to manage alllll the cables coming off of my PCP&C PSU. With the new version, it looks like they give you an easier option for all the 'excess' PSU cables. I was considering an Antec 300 for my next build, but now I will be considering the 902 as well.

hairycat101

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
If they went through all of that trouble to make a new 900-ish case, I would have hoped that they would at least make it better looking. It looks like some kid was given random parts from the old 900 and some crazy glue. The fan on top purposely looks out of place. UGLY!!!!

I just wish Antec would ditch that boxy hard drive cage and turn the hard drive area sideways. The front-to-back drive orientation is so 1990's...at least the washable filters are a step in the right direction.

Dollar for dollar based on features, the Coolermaster HAF 932 is a better case and a better buy.

Just because the HAF932 does not come with filters does not mean you can't put them on...with a combination of filters and of positive air pressure, the HAF 932 would get no dustier than any other case on the market, including the 900.

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
Just use panty hose or drier sheets (bounce, etc) for air filters. They work very well as long as you clean them often enough; they'll collect more than just your standard case filter most of the time and if they get too clogged up you'll get less airflow.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008

yea but who really wants to put in dust filters after spending the money for a nice case :na:

wcgryphon

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I purchased the original Antec 900 from the Egg over BF for $65, and I have to say, if I had purchased this case at the original price of over $100, I would have been extremely disappointed. For $65, for what I got, I'd say it was about as much I would have paid for it. It was a disappointment from all the good reviews I've seen of it and felt cheap and unrefined. I also own the 1200 version, and I'm glad Antec is remodeling the 900v2 after this design. A much needed improvement over the original 900.

I think most gamers will probably be inside their case at least once every 6 months to upgrade a video card, memory, CPU, etc anyways. That's when you to your semi-annual dust removal. ;)

And if you're really worried about cleaning a lot, you could always use this:

http://www.antec.com/usa/productDetails.php?lan=us&id=15125#

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I looked at the 900 but ending up choosing the Antec P190.

See a video review @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZy1PPgdCr0

It may be hard to find the P190 but it is worth it. The P182 is made to look like the 190 without the psu's. The P182 is made out of cheaper material.

I have built about 20 gaming machines and the P190 is the best case that I have seen.

Great cable management with 5 big fans. 1200 watts of PSU included.

The only downside besides cost is the side mounted 200mm fan. This makes it difficult to mount a big heat sink. I bought the V8 for my I7 and am going to try to mount the fan on the outside or remove it altogether.

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
mmm, i think the looks have been improved. i hated the old angular roof of the 900... major turn off for me. i preferred (and still do :D) the CM 690's sleek, flat lines :)

btw, that top fan looks pretty much exactly liek the 1200. click on both the links from the antec site, and compare. :lol:

i like it. finally good antec 300 looks with more space and cooling :D probably still out of my price range though... will see when its released in aus.

skjold

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Wow, a non-support thread?!

Thanks for the link, that case looks great! I love my 900, but a pre-painted inside looks awesome.

skjold

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008

Hard to say- I've only seen a couple in my short time here.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I've used the 900 more than a few times on customer demand, but I'd much rather be using the CM 690. But to an above poster, I do see the CM HAF as a better deal/performer. I'm not going to base my purchasing decisions on a case over 'washable air filters', and I doubt any serious enthusiest will either.

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
mmm, i'm not that keen on the HAF tbh. just seems a bit... boxy. squarish. angular. whatever. i doubt i'll ever stop luvin the CM 690

as for the air filters... just buy your own LOL! cheese, if you care about washing your air filters that much - just buy some! silly consumers..

mford66215

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

Mythical creature, often reported, but no confirmed sightings...

kinda like the 'secure os' beast we've all heard about.

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008

Hi Fullmetal,

The 900 Two has a Cable management system built-in with ties to hold your cables down. Sorry, it's not mentioned on the website. We will try to get the features information updated ASAP.

Antec

TRENDING THREADS