Sign in with
Your question

Sound card connection problem :( pls reply

Last response: in Components
January 21, 2009 11:53:13 AM

Hi m new to this site. :) 

A weird problem occurred 2-3 days ago with me :(  . i was playing some song and was listening through my woofers. then i tried to connect my headphones to the pc . and what i got was an error that showed following :-

and after this i disconnected the headphones and reconnected the woofers .
and again i got similar error this time line in error :( 

and from that day whenever i connect headphone,mic,woofers in anyone port. i get the same error :( 

i don't know that happened :cry: 
i searched a lot on net and done all the proper jumper settings as shown :-

my pc config is :-
Pentium D 2.66 GHz
1.23 GB ram
Realtek AC'97 sound card with latest driver installed
NVIDIA geforce 7600 GT 512MB

please if anyone got fix for it help me fixing mine too :ange: 

Thanx :)  if u want to ask more information i will give u pls help me :) 
looking forward for a reply ASAP
January 21, 2009 2:30:12 PM

Hey there, welcome! You've tried other earphones and/or speakers right? When you connect earphones, what sound do you hear? Also, make sure sound card is securely fastened. And I know this may sound dumb, but also check your computer audio levels.
January 21, 2009 2:38:17 PM

Hi r_manic :) 

well i have tried headphone,woofers mine as well as all my frnd's :( 
but wheneva i connect them just get a error when realtek autosense them

i have already posted the error pic above :) 

i tried to reinstall the drivers and yah first thing i have no soundcard its inbuilt realtek audio :) 

i have set all the jumpers allrite as in the pic above and done everything i could but still get error :-
"The audio driver may not be connected properly.Please refer to the correct connection and check below connectors : Line In.

pls temme how to fix this problem :) 

Related resources
January 21, 2009 3:02:06 PM

Did you reinstall over the top of the old drivers, or did you remove them completley?
It does make a difference!

Do you use the i/o panel to connect through, or a panel on the case which has to be connected to your motherboard?

Just in case its a common mobo issue, what is your mobo?
January 21, 2009 3:45:59 PM

i didn't install it over the top of older one i first removed previouse one from both add/remove and driver manager
then installed it :) 
no its just 3 jacks behind the chassis Pink,Grenn,Blue
January 22, 2009 6:33:16 AM

pls any solution :( 
January 22, 2009 10:53:57 AM

Is it possible to switch off the auto jack sensing? That may solve the imediate problem.
January 23, 2009 9:34:41 PM

hi ..i have just brought my first system...c2do 2.66g e700 2mb ram..realtek 5.10 driver installed and using windxp with sp2...dg31pr prcsr
i am having a problemWindows cannot execute DPVSetup.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install. DirectPlay Voice has encountered an error. The error code is 0x80004005.
i was using livemsn msnger but mic didnt worked i have applied everything but to no avail ......have been to many forums but nobody replied plzzz tell me what to do or refer me to some1 who can help me will be w8ng 4 ur reply
January 27, 2009 4:52:26 AM

merlinbadman said:
Is it possible to switch off the auto jack sensing? That may solve the imediate problem.

well i have disabled the auto jack sensing now and then if i connect even then there is no sound:( .
the problem that comes is here :-

same problem comes when i connect any of the woofers,headphone or mic.
:(  dont know whats happening.

also may be the problem is with realtek may i use someother driver other than realtek for my sound ?? :sarcastic: 
January 27, 2009 4:54:58 AM

desperate said:
hi ..i have just brought my first system...c2do 2.66g e700 2mb ram..realtek 5.10 driver installed and using windxp with sp2...dg31pr prcsr
i am having a problemWindows cannot execute DPVSetup.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install. DirectPlay Voice has encountered an error. The error code is 0x80004005.
i was using livemsn msnger but mic didnt worked i have applied everything but to no avail ......have been to many forums but nobody replied plzzz tell me what to do or refer me to some1 who can help me will be w8ng 4 ur reply

dude try this up if it helps :-

1. In Control Panel, double-click Sounds and Audio Devices.
2. On the Voice tab, under Voice Playback, click Advanced.
3. On the Performance tab, move the Hardware Acceleration slider to at least one position to the right side.
January 28, 2009 2:13:47 PM

some one pls replyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :( 
April 17, 2009 7:30:40 AM

Hi dragonair, long time no hear! Anyways, I hope you've resolved your issue. If not though, maybe you can mention your motherboard? As prthej says, it could be mobo-specific.
!