System keep restarting after failed OC

xsdejavu

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Hi guys, i got a gay problem whit my mobo, i ahve one MSI P45 NEO 2, well i never do one OC in my life lol, but this MSI mobo, there are jumpers config to "EASY" OC to fsb 1600 ! so i just changed the jumpers like said at manual to 400 mhz, and the first attempt to start, he wont star, keep rebooting 4 or 5 times before boot whit failed OC message on boot !
So i just changed jumpers to DEFAULT again , cleared CMOS, but the system now keep rebooting all the time, i tryed to clear cmos again, and again, but i have no idea, someone ggot that problem whit MSi mobo ?? need help guys, that problem realy piss me off :cry:

P45 neo 2

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1485

Gskill 4GB
Quad q6600

thanks for any help !

Enter the BIOS and choose "Load Fail-Safe Defaults," save and exit. Re-enter the BIOS if you have to make changes, e.g. RAID.

If that doesn't work, check to make sure you have the latest BIOS (see your link), if not, download the latest version. Reset your BIOS to the "Load Fail-Safe Defaults," then flash to the latest version. And try booting again.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I had a similar problem with a different motherboard. But you mentioned something that confused me. You said it was constantly rebooting, but you ARE able to get into BIOS? At what point does it reboot and what does it do - go through POST again or ?

When I OC'd this other motherboard, I would reach point where it hangs - no POST, no bios, no beeps.

The only way to get back to something was to enter the maintenance mode by moving a jumper on the motherboard. Once there I was able to see that the bios did not reset one of the multipliers so it was overclocking the memory by a huge amount (and of course the voltage was dropped to boot).

But even selecting load defaults would not reset this setting - I had to manually adjust it back.

I did the bios update while trying to solve this issue and it did not help - had to set that one multiplier back manually. I would fix the current issue before adding in a bios update.

Not sure if it helps - good luck