New Mobo - requires your thoughts please

Lee_1075

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Im looking into building a new mobo for home use, mainly gaming really, what are your thoughts on the following set-up :

Artic Cooling Silentium T2 ECO 80 Tower
Asus Crosshair II Mainboard
AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black edition CPU
XfX GeForce GTX 280, 1024 MB DDR3 GPU
4 GB Kingston DDR 2 1066 oder 800 Mhz (not to sure here)
AC 64 Pro freezer CPU Fan

Lee_1075

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Ok, ive found a few problems now,
XP Home doesn't support 4GB of ram does it?, also looks like the Bigger GPU´s wont fit inside the above mentioned tower.
I have now brought the CPU and Mainboard, im just a little stuck with the Tower and Power supply really.
I have now opted for the Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme setup and instead of the GTX280, im looking into the SAPPHIRE Radeon Toxic HD 4870.

Any thoughts about my set-up?, help would be really appreciated.

G

XP will only show 3.5gigs of ram. You will need to upgrade to Vista 64 to "see" all 4 gigs.

Do you have a budget in mind so I can maybe outline some parts of interest within your price range?

Its a shame you already ordered your CPU and motherboard as a Q6600 with a decent mb would have been a better choice for you.

Lee_1075

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Thank you for your awnser.
Budget: no not really, anthing up to 1000 Euros.
AMD v Intel, I have always had AMD´s and really just though personal choice i decided to stay down that route.
I would really like to stick with XP for the time being though as Vista just doesnt appeal to me at this minute.
Has anyone here any views on the Thermaltake Soprano VB1000BWS case.

TRENDING THREADS