Oddworld

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
What would you reccomend as a good 140 mm exhaust fan?

Noise isn't really that much of a problem, as I already have a few scythe fans which give off about 35 dBa. My main concern is performance.

Thank you for your time.

huntsman:

Here is a link to a very good web site with a lot of information about silent pc's. They've got a list of recommended fans:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article63-page2.html

Unfortunately they do not have 140mm fans on their list. Generally speaking the 140mm fans run a little bit slower than 120mm fans but still push the same amount of air. The end result is lower noise. My Dragon Lord case came with three 140mm fans. Those fans are much quieter than the fans on my cpu heatsink and video card.

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I don't know about 140's, but I have had several Thermaltake Silent Wheel 130's, and they are just that, silent. It may not fit in some cases, though, as the holes are for a 120mm, but the sides extend a bit outwards.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
im looking for a 140 to go on the top of case as exhaust , but either way when im gaming its gonna be loud cuz i turn my fans up. but what bothers me is the stock ones that came with the antec 300 case are pretty loud and make like a buzzing, humming sound which annoys the hell outa me.