Control Panal - Printer / Faxes

When I tried to add a printer on the network to the computer - the printer
is actually attached to another computer on the network - I clicked on add a
printer and had the wizard find the printers. The one that I wanted to add
was displayed. I clicked on that one and got the hour glass like something
was happening. After 5 minutes, I went into program manager and it said
that control panel was not responding. Consequently, I said end task.

Now whenever I go into control panel and select printers / faxes, I get the
hour glass and printer / faxes never opens.

Is there anyway, other than a restore to fix it?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about control panal printer faxes

    Mike L. wrote:
    > When I tried to add a printer on the network to the computer - the printer
    > is actually attached to another computer on the network - I clicked on add a
    > printer and had the wizard find the printers. The one that I wanted to add
    > was displayed. I clicked on that one and got the hour glass like something
    > was happening. After 5 minutes, I went into program manager and it said
    > that control panel was not responding. Consequently, I said end task.
    >
    > Now whenever I go into control panel and select printers / faxes, I get the
    > hour glass and printer / faxes never opens.
    >
    > Is there anyway, other than a restore to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks

    What is the printer? (a few are not networkable)
    Try deleting the printer icon, then reinstalling?
    Restore may be your best bet.

Control Panel Computers Printers Windows XP