When I tried to add a printer on the network to the computer - the printer
is actually attached to another computer on the network - I clicked on add a
printer and had the wizard find the printers. The one that I wanted to add
was displayed. I clicked on that one and got the hour glass like something
was happening. After 5 minutes, I went into program manager and it said
that control panel was not responding. Consequently, I said end task.

Now whenever I go into control panel and select printers / faxes, I get the
hour glass and printer / faxes never opens.

Is there anyway, other than a restore to fix it?

Thanks

Mike L. wrote:
> When I tried to add a printer on the network to the computer - the printer
> is actually attached to another computer on the network - I clicked on add a
> printer and had the wizard find the printers. The one that I wanted to add
> was displayed. I clicked on that one and got the hour glass like something
> was happening. After 5 minutes, I went into program manager and it said
> that control panel was not responding. Consequently, I said end task.
>
> Now whenever I go into control panel and select printers / faxes, I get the
> hour glass and printer / faxes never opens.
>
> Is there anyway, other than a restore to fix it?
>
> Thanks

What is the printer? (a few are not networkable)
Try deleting the printer icon, then reinstalling?
Restore may be your best bet.

TRENDING THREADS