Whats the best utility for stable overclocking of a HD3850

Hi guys im playing with my GPU and the CCC auto oc gave me clocks that wouldnt run 3dm so they are obviously not right. I havent done much overclocking before but ran ATI Tray Tools earlier today and it was reporting differant clocks than the CCC was. I am suspecting the power play is mucking me about a bit and was wondering if someone with a bit more experiance wouldnt mind giving me some advice or tips.
Thanks Mactronix :)

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Try rivatuner as it supports both fan speeds and over clocking.
Remember while you are over clocking to pay attention to the temperature of your card and raise the fan speed to keep everything cool.

I hope that you didn't destroy your card because of excessive heat.

No the card is fine thanks, its just the discrepancies im getting with CCC Overclocking and the ATT overclocking. When i did it with the CCC first time it got to 939 mem and about 90 degrees. ATT on the other hand got it to 999 at 75 degrees, when i checked in the CCC as i knew it got hotter according to the CCC last time it agreed with the ATT at 75 degrees. It did howevr say the GPU was running at 539 which is down from 669 which is stock.
So did it do that to offset the memory increase and keep the heat down ? when i tried to put it back to 669 the CCC was happy and passed the clocks in test. ATT was still reporting the GPU clock at 539 so i bumped it up and it wouldnt play ball at all.

Mactronix