purebrawn

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hi all, quick question.

A very helpful guy in the gaming forum suggested that I overclock my cpu to get a little more power for my system, and told me how to do it. He told me to go into my BIOS, and change the FSB input from Auto/266 to 333 for a little extra umph.

My question is, is this all I need to do... or do I need to buy extra fans/power or something like that. I have never overclocked my cpu before and I don't want to blow it up. Just want to make sure this is all I need to do and I'm not endangering my PC, thanks!

My setup is...

Vista 32
Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53
4GB DDR2
9600GT

Thanks!

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
what motherboard do you have? Also...do you know if you can access the advanced BIOS? systems like Dell's or HP's have a locked BIOS. If you can change the FSB frequency, then you wil have to make sure you watch the CPU temperatures. Download Realtemp and monitor your CPU temps carefully. Find the danger range for your CPU (I think ~55C...check google) and max voltage for the CPU (0.85-1.3625v). you might have to up the voltage...which will up the heat...first thing might be getting a good CPU cooler.