Motherboard fried?plz help me its rediculous

roryadam84

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
i have everything disconnected from the motherboard except for the 24 pin atx power connector and the 4pin 12v power connector and one fan connected to a 4 pin molex on the psu oh and a power swith now when i press the swith the fan spins for about 1-3 seconds the liitle green led on my board stays lit all the time though what could this possibly mean...............oh and i forgot to mention some feser1 water coolant did end up in the pcie slot but i blasted it out with canned air and it says its non conductive should i maybe just set the board aside and wait for the water to dry and then do some more air blasting basically i just want to know ifthe board is fried and i also shorted the cmos pins

thanx in advance for any replies to this hey

and the make of the board is an asus m2n68-vm

The translation:

YES!
Let it dry out before you do anything further!

When you say you disconnected everything, does this include the CPU, RAM and GPU?
If so, reinstall these items, along with the case speaker and coolers, and see what happens then.

Are you getting any beep codes?
Were you in the process of modifying anything when the coolant was spilled?
Could you post a full list of your hardware including the PSU and any overclocks?

roryadam84

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
yep absolutely everything i worked backward removing things first the gpu, then the ram and then finally the cpu i'll try your idea of putting things back in with a speaker and as for modifying things while it was on i cant quite remeber but i dont think so and all hardware has never beenj overclcoked i had the psu power shorted by attaching the green and black wire as for hardware this is what i have :

the board as mentioned above
2.amd phenomx3 8650
3. 2 x 2gb crucial value ram sticks ddr2 800
4. 8800gt 512mb video card
5. apevia 500W PSU (this was modified by removing all pins and putting sleeving cables on it but i have quadrupe checked the wiring ) i did however have the wiring backwards on the atx connector at first cause i read the wiring diagram from back instead of front and i was able to get to windows after i repaired that situation.

anywasy like i said i'll try your ideas outlw6669 and thank you very musch for the help i really do appreciate it

roryadam84

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009

so guess what the problem was ................... it just frickin figures too lol i forgot to plug in the 4pin fan connector i did some more searches and apparently the board wont start unless theres a fan plugged in great idea but it'd be nice for them to explain that in the manual eh anyways i really appreciated your help and wont forget it thanx again and you have great day/evening w.e. it may be

i was actually just thinkin too if maybe you happen to know if iwould be a bad idea to just wire those pins together or something so that i dont need to plug a fan in there because my pump has a fan contoller built into it and i would like to use it