Multi Monitor Set up HARDCORE gamer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnlclrk08

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
Hello all im going all out on this comptuer gonna cost around $7000 im going wit the new Asus Mother board the X58 but im wanting to get some sick performance outta the main 30" monitor. im gonna be running 2 4870x2s on the MB for the 30" but i wanna add two 20"s could i add another 4870x2 for those two monitors? there are 3 PCIE Slots on the b oard. if i cant or if there is a better way could yall plz help me out thx.

G

wrong forum to ask for pre-built computers

BTW, hard core gamers don't go over one monitor :na: unless your like a flight sim fan

and don't spend more than at MOST 3000$ on a system... they save that extra 4 k for games :na:

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
Yep, go check out the homebuilder forum and build yourself a God-box for less than $2-3,000.

As for running three 4870x2's, can't say I've come across anybody trying this yet on the X58's but then I don't know if there's any drivers out there that would support it (ie make it even slightly worth while:) ). You might have better luck finding that out over at the xtremesystems.org boards.

salem80

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
I think two of ATI HD 4870X2 Enough to beat any game on the Planet
HD 4870X2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102768

This is test of one card

Crysis WARHEAD

hukdhd.jpg

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

29qduew.jpg

So you can Play on Ultra HD resolution 2560X1600
Thats Maximum res u can get from highest HD LCD monitor .

and use the latst CPU Power with Intel Core i7 920 or 940 with ASUS P6T Deluxe
Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202
ASUS P6T Deluxe
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131346

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Lol.

Seriously, do a little research, realize that you can get a killer rig for under $3000, and save the rest for upgrades/new computer in a few years.

geekmaster

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
You have the right idea. Just get a triple PCI Express16 slot board. You really shouldn't need to spend but $3000 tops.
Here's a little help for anyone else interested in setting up Multiple Monitors.

The Three main ways to Setup Multiple Monitors

1) You can buy a pre-manufactured multiple monitor computer. The best place to purchase a multiple monitor computer is at:
Multi-Monitors.com. They carry a multi-monitor computer line called SUPER-PC that can support from 2 to 12 monitors.

Multi-Screen Computer Systems

Multiple Monitor LCD Displays

2) You can get a USB to VGA Adapter, or USB to DVI Adapter that will allow you to add an extra monitor to your computer
via any USB2.0 Port. You can also add multiple extra monitors by using multiple adapters. This is a great option for viewing
documents, surfing the web, using Microsoft Office and many other business tasks. This is not a good option for intense
graphical situations such as HDTV, Blu-ray, Gaming and 3D / CAD Workstation applications. For those types of scenarios,
it is highly recommended that you purchase a high-powered multi-monitor workstation or a Matrox Dual or Triple Head2Go.

Multiple Monitor Adapters

3) You can replace or add an extra video card to your existing computer, depending on how many monitors you wish to support.
Although this sounds easy enough, this is a rather complex solution for a beginner, especially when trying to find a compatible
graphics card. For this reason, I am going to write an entirely seperate post on that topic and will link to it here, very soon.

Multi-Monitor Graphics Cards

Once you have your multiple monitor system set up and ready to use, you will need to enable all of your monitors in
your “Display Properties” Control Panel. Here is a great link to a complete and animated walkthrough of how to enable
your multiple monitors in Windows.

How to Setup Multiple Monitors (Instructions)

This is what it will look like when you are done:

Multi-Monitor Video Demo 1
Multi-Monitor Video Demo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.