DRAM Voltage greyed out.

Hey there, I just bought some new RAM, PC6400 OCZ Gold Edition stuff, and after checking that my motherboard supports the frequency and amount, I ordered it, it arrived and I went to install it, however, when the RAM is in, my computer powers on, but nothing appears on my monitor and it reboots after a short while, this cycle continues, never managing to actually get into Windows.

I put in my old RAM and everything is fine again, I can get into Windows.
I check the RAM specs and apparently it needs 1.9V, but my Motherboard appears to be giving it 1.8V, I thought this might be the problem, my RAM not getting enough power, but I can't seem to change it at all, the option is greyed out and pressing the +/- keys does nothing at all.

My motherboard can definitely give that much voltage as the max can be set to over 3V apparently.

I was wondering if there was a way to activate it, do I need to press something? Flash my BIOS? Or will this RAM simply not work? :(

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about dram voltage greyed
  1. If you state what brand and model your motherboard is then someone may be able to help.
  2. That might have been a good idea of me yes, but it's ok, I solved the problem by fiddling around. Thanks for checkin in on the thread anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets DRAM Voltage RAM Motherboards