Suggestions for a Crossfire Motherboard?

rockandrollpaul

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Currently I have an AMD Setup, with a M2N-E Motherboard, 2GB DDR2 Ram, a 3.0 Dual Core AMD Processory (forgot what model X3800?) and a 4850 HD 512mb Video Card. I was looking into possibly buying another Video card and running it in Crossfire configuration. I guess my question would be, is it worth it buying a new MB and another second 4850? I have been contemplating changing over to Intel since I use my computer mainly for gaming. Any input would be appreciated. I spend most of my time playing WOW, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3 and whatever other various FPS games I come across. I would just build a whole new rig, but the main reason for this question is because I want the best bang for my buck, and I don't want to spend too much money.

Thanks,

Paul

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
HD4850 is a pretty good match for that resolution. I think the CPU is bottlenecking your system. A quick way to check is to measure your FPS, then play at a lower resolution and see if the FPS goes up. If they don't that means the CPU is holding you back.

A good bang for the buck upgrade would be ASUS P5Q SE/R mobo with an E5200 (OCed to 3GHz+).