Sign in with
Your question

Plz provide info over SSD

Last response: in Storage
April 1, 2010 10:18:55 AM

what it tends to does anyone know's about it what;s the differnce b/w this and normal sata well i don't know except the kingston has launched it ????????

please post ans. :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff: 

More about : plz provide info ssd

April 1, 2010 12:55:35 PM

English!!!!
m
l
Related resources
April 1, 2010 1:04:52 PM

What english??????? i asked ssd
m
l
April 2, 2010 9:55:02 PM

huntluck said:
What english??????? i asked ssd

I think he meant your sentence structure was lamentable at best. It can be hard to answer a question when it is victim of something called "run on sentence". Still I'll assume you wanted some quick info about the SSD drives since the internet can be just as confusing as helpful.

I bought myself a Corsair P256 SSD drive just a week ago, it's been installed for a couple of days. Here are some quick facts about Solid State Drives:

1- Solid State Drives (SSD) are much faster than Hard Disk Drives (HDD). This is due to the fact that SSD is non mechanical, while HDD has to write your data on a disk with a needle. My windows performance index on the old 7200rpm Seagate HDD was 5.9, my index score went up to 7.3 with the Corsair P256 SSD. The 10000rpm ones are still much slower than SSD.

2- SSD is a new technology and COSTLY!! Mine was 800$ Canadian (its about equal to $800 US). The cheap ones are often unstable and can be hard to work with according to some reviews I have read.

3- Some people have claimed, (and I am willing to believe it after trying SSD myself), that SSD is much faster than any RAID configuration with normal HD drives.

I Hope this was helpful.
m
l
a c 415 G Storage
April 2, 2010 10:48:14 PM

The other folks have posted good links.

> what it tends to does anyone know's about it what;s the differnce...

The words are [mostly] English but the grammar sure isn't. We can guess the meaning of this one, but if you ever have a more technical question then we may not be able to understand it.
m
l
a b G Storage
April 3, 2010 2:37:07 AM

Quote:
Some people have claimed, (and I am willing to believe it after trying SSD myself), that SSD is much faster than any RAID configuration with normal HD drives.

Assuming it's not some cr@ppy SSD, then yes, for example, the Intel X25-V 40GB in RAID0 performs very well.
m
l
!