kjc1

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
I am using a Nexland dual WAN router with 2-1.5m DSL connections. I have 8 or so people over every week to LAN. We are all directly pugged into this rounter and no DHCP IP addresses have been assigned, nor am I using any sort of proxy (bassically the only configuration to the router I have done is set up the user names and passwords for the PPoE internet connections.
Here's the problem... everything time there are 4 or 5 people from the LAN in a single Counter-Strike server (port 27015) all of our pings go from a steady 40 to upwards of 400 or 500ms. No players ever gets disconnected from the server we just have very high ping which is obviously unplayabe.
Before my dual WAN router, I was using a regular 8-port Netgear firewall router which did the same exact thing. I have also tried this on a Linksys which also did the same thing.
I'm wondering if I need to bind each computer to a local IP address and open the port of the server we're joining or something to that effect?
If you have any idea please respond. I know that there has to be some configuration change because LANs do not have this problem. If they did, no one would go. Thank you.

AMD FX-51
1Gb PC3200 ECC Registered
120GB Hitachi 7200rpm
MSI K8T800 2
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
ATI Radeon 9800xt

djsmiley

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2004
hum

100mbit connection.

cs rates of 25000,

upload would be about 12kb/s

Your maxing out the bandwidth to your router.

Only got 2ideas.

1.get all your mates to lower their rates (set the settings to 56k.)
2.get another router and run duel connections (not v.easy)
3.Get gigabit network connections for your lan (costs lots!)

Have fun!

<A HREF="http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=93KKKW4QV4MSW1M3" target="_new">PC STATS</A>
|| SmileY ||