Ilene

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
after everything was installed.. just says starting windows , doen't get online
what can i do? I did have vista home premium

Ilene

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
i try to do it in safe mode won't let me b ut the drivers ,etc are all there. Just says loading. Everthing finished d/ling but then just black screen. have taken all the plugs off and just have it on keyboard and monitor. keep trying. hate to take the darn thing in. lol than u. I can't get to anything

v-2samrc

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Follow the below steps:

I’d suggest you to unplug all external devices.

Try logging into Advanced startup options. The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.

Refer the link below for more details:

Advanced startup options (including safe mode)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode#

Try to get the error message by using the option "Disable automatic restart on system failure" from advanced boot menu.

You could also restart your computer using the Last known Good Configuration and see if the issue can be fixed. It's a Windows startup option that uses the most recent system settings that worked correctly. Every time you turn your computer off and Windows shuts down successfully, important system settings are saved in the registry. If a problem occurs, you can restart your computer using those settings. For example, if a new driver for your video card is causing problems, or an incorrect registry setting is preventing Windows from starting correctly, you can restart your computer using Last Known Good Configuration. This will roll back the drivers.

Refer the link below for more details:

Using Last Known Good Configuration
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Using-Last-Known-Good-Configuration

Also, try booting in "Enable low-resolution video (640×480) " mode to figure out if display card is the culprit.

Ilene

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Hi... so far I have tried all of these. Still won't log on. llol I have tried everyone of these on this advan boot options. Thanks for the information. has to be something keeping it from logging on. I will turn everything off again. And try everything you told me again..Tks