Best durable wireless N & G router

Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Routers
  • Linksys
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 9, 2009 9:47:53 PM

Need to replace the Linksys wrt600n due to dropping the wired side of the LAN and resetting itself... is this a fluke or should I consider another brand. Looking for good reviews is not conclusive

More about : durable wireless router

a b F Wireless
October 11, 2009 2:10:53 AM

my 600 did that too.i am now running the dlink 855 dual band,for over a year now...runs perfect..
October 11, 2009 3:34:03 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
my 600 did that too.i am now running the dlink 855 dual band,for over a year now...runs perfect..

Thanks... replies have been slow to my question.
Detail - the router is being used as the back end to a Hughes satellite system in a remote area where in the summer, days at 100+ are common. I wasn't sure if it was heat failure or a fault that repeatable.
Thanks for replying!
Related resources
a b F Wireless
October 12, 2009 8:54:47 PM

heat can cause many of issues...the ufo linksys design has a lot of heat issues!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 16, 2009 3:34:06 AM

Check out AIR802 at http://www.air802.com. This is the highest powered (250mw) and most reliable unit I have used. I connect with my home network three laptops, two towers, Tivo (download movies), print server and Logitech internet radios for audio streaming all at the same time with very little degradation in service. This is a very reliable unit and it only costs $134 or $94 depending on the metal or plastic enclosure. I will be buying a second unit to extend the range for the pool area. Highly recommended, great security and configuration flexibility.
October 17, 2009 5:25:07 AM

The AIR802 site says it does not have N. powerful enough w/o it.

Any other recommendations that people are familiar with?
!