Sign in with
Your question

FreeNAS Digital Filing won't access

Last response: in Storage
April 1, 2010 7:39:17 PM

Hello all,

I have my new FreeNAS box set up and running except one part.

I use an HP all in one that has digital filing set up for use on my network.

I can connect and move and do whatever with files just fine from all my pc's, but the hp unit will not connect to it to add a file. I copy and pasted the directory location, so that should be right.

Does anyone know what protocol this thing uses? I have enabled SNMP and FTP. No luck.

Anyone know more?
a b G Storage
April 1, 2010 8:10:51 PM

IS CIF/SMB enabled in FreeNAS? I *assume* it is if you can transfer files to the FreeNAS box from other pc's.

Do you use the IRIS application that came with the HP all in one?

Most likely a configuration issue/setting with IRIS.

m
l
April 5, 2010 9:13:40 PM

I've tried the configuration with user names to access the folder, passwords, without either, Nothing.

I have this same scanner set up to save to a pc on the network and that works fine, but I don't want to save things there obviously.

Any other ideas? Is CIF/SMB the service that this process uses?
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
April 5, 2010 10:28:31 PM

njxc500 said:
Is CIF/SMB the service that this process uses?

CIF/SMB is a protocol mainly used to provide shared access to files, printers, serial ports, and miscellaneous communications on a network. Most usage of SMB involves computers running Microsoft Windows, where it is often known as "Microsoft Windows Network".

If CIF/SMB is not enabled in FreeNAS, I would enable it and attempt to connect the HP all in one.
m
l
April 6, 2010 2:15:56 PM

Yes, it is enabled, but freenas has many other services, I just don't know if one of these need to be enabled for this to work.
m
l
April 6, 2010 5:00:36 PM

If anyone can make something of this, the Daemon tab has this in the log...

Unknown socket option IPTOS_LOWDELAY
lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(237)

I don't possess the knowledge, and I've tried everything I can think of....

m
l
!