strange random crashes

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
I have a system that is oc but till recently its been a pain in the neck, the next day I got a elite Xstream 800watt it booted fine than the next day after I connect my 24inch screen the computer died and was a pain to get it to boot.

I don't think it will be my GPU as i tried another card, or my psu becasue I tried my old one...my overclock settings are the same once since I got the system and its been runing happly up till now. I can't see how a monitor could effect the system appart from putting too much strain on the GPU. All the voltages seem stable enough, and what they should be.

I have reinstalled vista it now boots than it will blue screen and do a memory dump, I mean what the hell??

my system specs are
maxumis 2 formula
OCZ DDR2 4Gb 1066
OCZ EliteXStream 800watt (single 12 volt rail @62amps)
Sapphire HD4870 512 @stock (for now)
intel Q6600@3.6 (AS it always has been)
than loads of fans and 2x optical drives on SATA
2x 250GB harddrives by seagate on raid

I m hoping its only software issue, if its hardware i will be annoyed

Running the RAM at 1:1 may make it more stable.

It's possible that you got a PSU with bad ripple or V-droop. Happens sometimes.

Could your new monitor be pulling more from the wall than the old? Perhaps the power at the wall is the issue.

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
I was thinking it to be more from teh gpu lol its less power hungry than my old CRT, that I m fairly sure on, saying that I did try my old psu did the same thing, anyways I ve turned down the RAM to 800 but left the voltage alone.