Asus P6T Deluxe sound help

Go_Dlee

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
Hey Guys, been a Tom's Hardware troll for some time and i now have an issue. To cut it short i have just built a new machine, here are the specs

Intel I7 920
Asus P6t Deluxe
6GB OCZ Ram
700W Coolermaster Power Supply
Geforce GTX 260
Creative Labs 4.1 Speaker system (4 satellite and 1 sub)
Vista Ultimate 64 bit

My problem is that i cant seem to get sound out of all 4 satellites. Only the front two work but not the rear. Originally i thought it was a hardware problem(rear jack dead) but it shouldn't be. When i open the soundmax (drivers) and test the speakers all 4 test ok.

I've tried running

youtube
DVD's
video games (bioshock / Assassins creed)
other misc programs

nothing gets my computer to product 4.1 sound... I've also changed the vista sound configuration to 'quadraphonic' speakers.
Can somebody please advise...? Thanks!

impy1980

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I've the same problem with Windows 7, with the same CPU/Mobo/RAM setup as it happens, just running the front speakers through my hifi and surround speakers as my pc desktop speakers, any help would be great.

I know it's possible because I had a 'quadraphonic' speaker setup with my old ASUS A7N8X Deluxe/AMD Athlon XP3200+.

Although there might have been a "mirror" option under the nVidia sound program to replicate the front to the back.

ikwilhet

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I have the same problem.

When I play my music (mp3, flac) through foobar2000 i can use "Convert stereo to 4-channels" DSP and it will play over 4 speakers, but I can't get this to work with all audio, ie. webradio in WMP will only play over 2 speakers :(

Anybody have a fix?