So an old friend paid someone to build this:

I new he was planning to get a new comp. I told him to consult with me or just have me build it.

This is what they sold him.... TO PLAY WOW ON!!!!!!!!!!

QX9770
EVGA 790i Ultra
8GB DDR3 1333 RAM (1.75v... I think Reapers)
30" monitor
THREE GTX 280s
Ultra X3 1600W PSU
Blu Ray burner
3 1.5TB drives
1 300GB Velociraptor
Antec 1200
and various other items

Now, I'm sure he walked in and demanded the very best, money was no object, etc. And they didn't charge much more than the profit they made on the parts. Still, it's a wasted 2-3 grand. GRRRRRRRRR$R.
:pfff:

G

Investing 3 grand with annual returns of 8% will actually yield him enough returns to make a free pc every 7 years with a budget of $2140... or make a $780 machine every 3 years :p

Oh and I am 100% confident that a $780 budget machine can run WoW just perfectly.

megame255

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Really...That's awesome that your friend has that kind money to spend. It's people like them that will get the economy going again. Spending extravagant amounts of cash on things nobody really needs is a cornerstone of any successful free-market economy. I hope your friend gets the best experience possible, and than some out of WOW. Screw investing that hard-earned cash in some unguaranteed investment fund- making sure to have the most badass WOW setup ever should be any true hard-core WOW player's first priority!

ouroboros

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2007
Buzz words, acronyms and pixie dust. Mix well with a screwdriver and serve fresh to the first guy through the door.

This is typical of most sales reps, when I was working for Gateway the sales people were selling XP upgrades for W95 systems. Nevermind that 95 wouldn't upgrade to XP and that their machines wouldn't have the power to run it. Opened software is non-returnable and a guaranteed sale.