Catlayst Same package for XP & Vista OR different ?

So i would like to know that while searching for new drivers on ati website, it asks which OS you are using - But on the readme file on the driver page it says it supports XP/Vista 32& 64bits etc..

So my question is for different OS, i have to download different catalyst suit or one downloaded package works for all OS ?
8 answers Last reply
More about catlayst package vista
  1. I don't know if there is any difference (as I haven't seen the source code), but it would still be wise to select which OS you will be installing to and download that package.

If you're going to install to 2 different OS's, I'd still download the appropriate package for each, just to be safe.
  2. The file sizes for 32bit xp, 32bit vista and 64bit vista are all different, so by that reasoning I would say they are different. Also in the release notes it says there are different problems for different operating systems so I would imagine the drivers are a little different.
  3. Legless Ethiopian said:
    The file sizes for 32bit xp, 32bit vista and 64bit vista are all different, so by that reasoning I would say they are different. Also in the release notes it says there are different problems for different operating systems so I would imagine the drivers are a little different.

and there's your answer

use common sense and install the appropriate package for each OS
  4. I just checked the release notes for my systems card and it seems to me that its a one fits all document. It covers everything from All In Wonder cards through to Visa specific issues.
    Besides that the DX10 aplication interface is completly differant to the XP DX 9 one, which is why you cant get support for DX10 on XP.

Mactronix
  5. One more thing, i want 8.10 suit but when i search for older drivers, i get seperate drivers,WDM and control centre...

How to get all in one suit (8.10) via ati website... ? ?
    http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat810-xp.html
  6. Wow that is weird never noticed that before, i tend to keep the drivers for a while before deleting them. Dont supose i could send them to you, i recon the Anti virus may have issues with receiving an executable file ?
    PM me a Email adress to try it if you want.

Mactronix
  7. Well "Mactronix" i have already downloaded latest 8.11 drivers and yes diff. OS has diff. drivers, as the driver for xp & vista has different Size.
  8. Well yes we covered that earlier didnt we ? You said you wanted the drivers in one package and thats what i hadnt noticed before, that they split them on the previous driver page. Anyway you haev the drivers so its all good then.

Mactronix
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Windows Vista Windows XP Graphics