Catlayst Same package for XP & Vista OR different ?

craige4u

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
So i would like to know that while searching for new drivers on ati website, it asks which OS you are using - But on the readme file on the driver page it says it supports XP/Vista 32& 64bits etc..

So my question is for different OS, i have to download different catalyst suit or one downloaded package works for all OS ?

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
I don't know if there is any difference (as I haven't seen the source code), but it would still be wise to select which OS you will be installing to and download that package.

If you're going to install to 2 different OS's, I'd still download the appropriate package for each, just to be safe.

Legless Ethiopian

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
The file sizes for 32bit xp, 32bit vista and 64bit vista are all different, so by that reasoning I would say they are different. Also in the release notes it says there are different problems for different operating systems so I would imagine the drivers are a little different.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

and there's your answer

use common sense and install the appropriate package for each OS

I just checked the release notes for my systems card and it seems to me that its a one fits all document. It covers everything from All In Wonder cards through to Visa specific issues.
Besides that the DX10 aplication interface is completly differant to the XP DX 9 one, which is why you cant get support for DX10 on XP.

Mactronix

Wow that is weird never noticed that before, i tend to keep the drivers for a while before deleting them. Dont supose i could send them to you, i recon the Anti virus may have issues with receiving an executable file ?
PM me a Email adress to try it if you want.

Mactronix

craige4u

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Well "Mactronix" i have already downloaded latest 8.11 drivers and yes diff. OS has diff. drivers, as the driver for xp & vista has different Size.

Well yes we covered that earlier didnt we ? You said you wanted the drivers in one package and thats what i hadnt noticed before, that they split them on the previous driver page. Anyway you haev the drivers so its all good then.

Mactronix