Safe temps, volt etc (AMD 955)

twiek

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Hello, I just want to know if these temps and volts are fine :)

Multiplier: 18,5 (3,7 ghz)
FSB: 200 (stock)
CPU VID: 1.475 V
NB VID: 1.1 V (stock)
NB speed: 2000 mhz (stock)

Temprature is 58-60 C (stock cooler, 100% load)
The CPU sucseed a 6hour-test.

I have seen this CPU with less volt and the same multiplier.

What is really NB?(volt and speed)

twiek

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
anyone?

I just made a new clock, I guess...

Multiplier: 19 (3,8 ghz)
FSB: 200 (stock)
CPU VID: 1.5125 V
NB VID: 1.2 V
NB speed: 2400 mhz
Temp: 63 (100% load)

I've tried 1.5 V and it failed.

Im running a test now. Just passed 1 hour.

EDIT: crap, just got another bluescreen :s

You are going to fry your CPU if you do not opt for an aftermarket cooler. I would not let the CPU go over 60c, but that is just me =)

Everything else looks fine. Make sure all your other voltages are correct also, If you leave them on AUTO it will supply more voltage than necessary and you will hurt the lifespan of both the mobo and CPU, specially at high clocks with the stock cooler.

The blue screen means your CPU is shutting off due to its heat threshold limit, just like JD pointed out..

Seems like AMD has a few typos, the C3's max voltage limit is not 1.4v, I have seen 1.56v on Air with no issues whatsoever ;)

Yeah they tend to underrate the voltages on all of their CPUs on the X3 720 for Example they rate the max voltage at 1.425V and the same for the X2 550's but many people go above 1.5V on them as well without problems - It's more about the heat IMO with the stock heatsinks running even at those voltages will cause temp. problems !!

Yea well the C3's threshold is higher than the C2's so it has to be a typo. The C3 555/955/965 has been tested at 1.8v under LN2 and as long as temps stay at a tolerable level the CPU will do just fine. So yes it is more of a heat issue rather than an overvolting issue =)

I thought the C3's were lower Voltages for better performance on the chip adding some extra OC headroom - thus the lowering of the overall Voltage threshold ! - As they also lowered the max voltage for the C3 stepping of the 965 125W cpu to 1.4V vs. the C@ stepped 140W CPU's 1.425W - Since on that CPU it is a lower TDP as well

No, the C3's are binned higher than the C2's, voltages stay the same, maybe a bit lower but not a full volt (1.4v). Lower voltage does not mean better performance, the 140w will perform more or less the same as the 125w CPU's, the only difference is that the 140w runs a bit warmer. The max voltage on the C2's and C3's should be around the same value, not sure why AMD says 1.4 for the C3's...

Most users here on Tom's that have a C3's are running them way over 1.4v, if 1.4v was the max allowed voltage then we would have a few users here with fried chips =)

Get the 212+ that JD suggested, that Noctua is overkill and the fact that you cannot use RAM with tall heatsinks.

twiek

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Pff :s

I'm just wondering if the Hyper N620 has the same performance. Its the only thing I can find in stock. (Im norwegian :()