Hyper 212+ or Corsair H50

Hi people, I need a little advice.

Currently I have a X4 955 (stock speed) with a TT V9 case, a GTX260 and 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer.

My temps at stock in idle are 38c-43C and in load hits the 58C, now, I want OC my CPU and here is my question:

Can will see a better performance and temps with the Hyper 212+ or with the H50?

Thanks for your time and the advice.

The answer to your questions is it depends on quite a few factors. My tendency would be to say try the Hyper 212+ and see what happens.

Installing a third party cpu heatsink usually results in lower cpu core temperatures. Individual results will vary. There are many other factors involved in reducing operating temperatures.

Hmmmm.....maybe I should prepare a general purpose list of all the various factors that can affect cpu core temperatures.

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
He doesn't NEED a serious WC kit.

YOU don't know if he wants or needs a serious watercooling kit, and if he is willing to pay for said kit. The advantage of this kit is that he will be able to upgrade it later to support different cpu's and other components.

-ouch1

saint19 - OK! Did my 2 hour workout at the gym, had supper, and painted some channel molding. I'm going to start writing but it will take a while. I'm pretty sure it will be a long post. I also want to double check tehcnical references so I don't wind up posting incorrect information. Did that the other day with power supply PFC. I'll probably start a new thread for it. I'm considering writing it like an article - "Air Cooling - The Forgotten Factors". :)

scarletvw

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I would personally recommend the Hyper 212+ over the H50. A couple weeks ago i bought the 212+ because I was looking for a better option to cool my 9850BE so I could overclock it and the cooler I had was not cutting it what so ever. I did a lot of research and wanted a cooler that would be reasonably quiet, efficient, and not break the bank. I was looking into the H50 because of the "oh sweat its water cooled" factor but from everything I could find about the cooler it just did not cut it and was more of a novelty. Everything I found about the Hyper 212+ on the other hand gave it great reviews and everyone seemed to be praising it and loved it.

At that point I went to my local MicroCenter and they just happened to have the 212 on sale so I purchased it. Once installed (which is sorta a pain but still doable) I fired up the system and the first thing I noticed was that the temps dropped at idle at least 10c, under load they went from being over 70c and climbing on my old cooler to never going over 43c even after stress testing for over an hour (results may vary).

In short, I recommend the CM Hyper 212+ because of excellent cooling performance, versatility options of using cooler for many different MOBO's, CPU's, and fan configurations, and also a great price for what you get.

SinisterMessiah

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
The H50 definitely performs better if you utilize 2 fans in a push/pull setup. I have an H50 on my OC i7 build and it cools just as it should. If you have an H50 and you aren't getting solid temps I'd say either you may have bunged up the application of the thermal grease or you may want to try the 2 fan push/pull solution. Temperature benches show the H50 performing much better this way.

Get the 212+ and use the rest of the cash for other needed upgrades...

The H50 is a great CPU cooler, just not outstanding at 80.00$

I play games and bench at 3.8/3.9Ghz on a daily basis and my temps never reach 45c, as a matter of fact at 3.8Ghz my CPU will idle at 27/28c and max out at 43c (large FFT's @ over 4 hrs). The 212+ can achieve similar results so it is a no-brainer =)

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv199/OvrClkr/newidle.jpg

newidle.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv199/OvrClkr/load38.jpg

load38.jpg