Need help on new MB/CPU

Kolorean

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
I currently am running an E6600 and a MB which I won't be able to slap new a new Quad CPU.

I am looking for best bang for the buck. I have a new 3870 1 Gig, a Tough Power 750, 4 gigs of 8500 ram, and a nice 24 inch.

I am not the best guy when it comes to installing, picking etc, this system is one I had a lot of help building. Any help will result in a big Hi Five for you!

fullmetall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Yea, those are 2 very effecient components. I didn't think you were wanting to go that high in price so i chose a really nice low priced quad. That board or the new ASUS P45 PQ5 pro board.

Gigabyte boards are okay on oc'ing, known to last long and have a great setup but, cost more . ASUS boards are an easy/better oc'ing brand. It doesn't really matter which one you get because there both good.

fullmetall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Now, with these 2 accessories for your setup, your going to need to look into getting a cpu cooler aswell. What kind of case are you running?

Theres a really nice cooler going around called the Xigmatek S1283. Only problem with it is the mounting tool it comes with. There is a BackPlate on newegg you can buy to replace it and also get your silver thermal compound, you probably already know all this but, just making sure.