Amd 4200x2 vs q6600

G

ok so i have a amd 4200x2 and my friend has a q6600 quad core and we hooked up are pc's side buy side and ran the same programs together both on xp and i saw no diffrence at all. we ran tractor a dj'ing program and nothign else in the background and when you get all the things going in the program at once and you are scratching really fast both pc's freeze up and crash .from what reviews say the q6600 would be in a hole diffrent world from a crappy amd 4200x2 , and it seems to me all the programs run about the same when you install or extract something from winrar both pc's run really slow and kinda freeze up a lil, reason im making this post is cause i dont now if i wanna even get a new cpu if there isent going to be any diffrence

his pc has way better hardware in it then mine buy a long shot and they both run about the same i dont care how some benchmark runs, from what i seen they are pretty close to the same to me we tryed a few other thing too the only real diffrence i seen is the installs of programs and winrar extracting are faster and games load faster on his ,other then that i dont see any real diffrence espically when that cpu is suppose to slaughter mine, so im just wandering what is up. then we tryed one last thing we both played wow and extracted a 4 gig file and both are game played extreamly slow everytime you turn game freezes and locks up, both of them played pretty much the same to me and that q6600 is supposed to be wayyyyyyyyyy faster then mine, so where is the diffrence cause i dont see much, when updates are going on both are pc's like avg ,wow patches installs .both are pc's slow down and freeze up looks pretty identical to me, i mean its still usuable buy any means but still the lil freezing here and there while doing those things is no where near worth upgrading my pc if its still gonna do the same stuff is does now, can someone please explain this?

You pretty much answered yourself. There have been reviews and comparisons here at Tom's Hardware and other forums indicating that sometimes a dual core and a quad core system produce somewhat similar results. A human eye might not be able to tell the difference. It is unusual but it does happen from time to time.

G

ya but the diffrence from a amd 4200x2 to a q6600 is supposed to be huge, and if there is no diffrence that would mean buying a new cpu is pretty much ulsess

and that is just the cpu diffrence every piece of hardware in his pc is way better then mine

my specs are amd 4200x2
m2n e-sli 1x4 gigs or ram 667 mhz
9600 gtoc video card
600 what psu

his are q6600 cpu
680i sli mb
2x2 gigs or ram 800 mhz
9600 gtoc video card same as mine

and when we run the same thigs both pc's seem to run pretty much the same so that tells me buying a new cpu is pretty much pointless?