Overclocking AMD 3.2 955 BE! NOOB

richarda83

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hello,
I have a gigabyte 785gmt-ud2h mother board with one stick of 2g DDR3 1333 ram. I have the stock amd cooler with coolermaster paste. I adjusted my 3.2 955 be multiplier in the bios to 19.5 to reach a freq of 3917.41mhz with a bus of 200.9 according to CPUID. My system is running idle at 41c according to cputemp. I have a coolermaster v8 im going to install tomorrow but im just wondering about the voltages. everything is set to auto in the bios. i know once i get a video card that i should set pci-e to 100 but other than that should i do anything else manually. my temp right now is the same as it was before i adjusted the multiplier. im new and doing my research but dont wannt to a prime95 test before i get my v8 on. any help, thanks

richarda83

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010

Also i know that if i start putting the cores under load that the temperature is going to rise a lot faster. is my temperature so low with this fan cause its just not under load. i think ill take it back down to stock but i was wondering if my temps fine right now can i game?

idle temps, and clock speed figures are useless if it doesnt pass a good linpack run (or prime, but not as good as linpack) - what you want to look out for is STABILITY and LOAD TEMPS

LinX or Intel Burn Test are two good linpack tests, or the good old Prime95 is another test, and test your video card at the same time (ATItool or Furmark which is better) to see how it goes and HWmonitor (cpuz makes it its) to check your temps etc.