Modem is beeing used by another program

I had this problem before and solved it. However could not remember how !!!
I use a broad band for most tasks. Rarely I use my modem to send faxes via
computer.
Today I tried to send a fax, using my modem Zoom 56K datafax dual mode PnP.
I did not manage to do it and all times computer shows a box with a standard
note advising me that "Your modem is being used by another program. Please
end the other program and tru again. if error persists re-start your
computer".
There is no other program running as I have rebooted my computer several
times.
Diagnostics does not work at all.
Eventually there is a startup program taking the modem but I do not know
what it could be.
Sure this situation has been occurred with some of you.
Can you give me a hint of how to solve the situation ?
Appreciate your assistance.

You could have a hijacked system with a dialer, run a full
spyware scan and anti-virus.

some support

"Sdruws" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
|I had this problem before and solved it. However could not
remember how !!!
| I use a broad band for most tasks. Rarely I use my modem
to send faxes via
| computer.
| Today I tried to send a fax, using my modem Zoom 56K
datafax dual mode PnP.
| I did not manage to do it and all times computer shows a
box with a standard
| note advising me that "Your modem is being used by another
program. Please
| end the other program and tru again. if error persists
re-start your
| computer".
| There is no other program running as I have rebooted my
computer several
| times.
| Diagnostics does not work at all.
| Eventually there is a startup program taking the modem but
I do not know
| what it could be.
| Sure this situation has been occurred with some of you.
| Can you give me a hint of how to solve the situation ?
| Appreciate your assistance.

I have already done with Microsoft Spyware, Spy Doctor and Spyblaster and
problems remains.

I have also used Symantec Internet Security application and nothing strange
showed up.

Any further assistance, please ??/