Modem is beeing used by another program

I had this problem before and solved it. However could not remember how !!!
I use a broad band for most tasks. Rarely I use my modem to send faxes via
computer.
Today I tried to send a fax, using my modem Zoom 56K datafax dual mode PnP.
I did not manage to do it and all times computer shows a box with a standard
note advising me that "Your modem is being used by another program. Please
end the other program and tru again. if error persists re-start your
computer".
There is no other program running as I have rebooted my computer several
times.
Diagnostics does not work at all.
Eventually there is a startup program taking the modem but I do not know
what it could be.
Sure this situation has been occurred with some of you.
Can you give me a hint of how to solve the situation ?
Appreciate your assistance.
2 answers Last reply
More about modem beeing program

    You could have a hijacked system with a dialer, run a full
    spyware scan and anti-virus.

    some support

    "Sdruws" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    |I had this problem before and solved it. However could not
    remember how !!!
    | I use a broad band for most tasks. Rarely I use my modem
    to send faxes via
    | computer.
    | Today I tried to send a fax, using my modem Zoom 56K
    datafax dual mode PnP.
    | I did not manage to do it and all times computer shows a
    box with a standard
    | note advising me that "Your modem is being used by another
    program. Please
    | end the other program and tru again. if error persists
    re-start your
    | computer".
    | There is no other program running as I have rebooted my
    computer several
    | times.
    | Diagnostics does not work at all.
    | Eventually there is a startup program taking the modem but
    I do not know
    | what it could be.
    | Sure this situation has been occurred with some of you.
    | Can you give me a hint of how to solve the situation ?
    | Appreciate your assistance.

    I have already done with Microsoft Spyware, Spy Doctor and Spyblaster and
    problems remains.

    I have also used Symantec Internet Security application and nothing strange
    showed up.

    Any further assistance, please ??/

Modem Computers Windows XP