Just a quick question is an hour and a half test for the COU on OCCt long enough to determine stability or should i go longer. Also in OCCT what is the CPU Linpack test for

Thanks in advance

darkjuggalo2000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
the linpack test is for checking temp stability.....
And an hour should be enough however if your system is only slightly unstable then it could take longer to detect... the best thing would be to set it for 8 hours and go to bed... when you wake up check on it and see if it passed. if it did then great....

@ overshocked why are you going to recomend prime 95?

cause i would recomend occt first and then prime 95 as prime 95 stresses your system more...

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Some run it for 36...

I would say 2 hours is long enough. Beyond that there is the same chance that it will fail after the third hour than after the 36th hour. Besides, you are never going to stress the cpu that much.

I dont want to get into the argument again though.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

I do agree with an 8 hour stress test but Knowing me, if that was me I would have set it for 24 hours to be perfectly sure.
Well I did and that is just me.

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Linpack - 3-6 days should do it

Regular OCCT - 4-5 months straight should let you know if it's stable

Prime95 - 1-3 years should do it

Oh yeah, almost forgot, if you smell smoke it's just the computer getting burned in, no need to worry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO at yall sorry if this was kind of a repeat thread i never seem to find a definitive answer on the forums about this. I ran Prime 95 for 3 hours yesterday and OCCT today for a little over 2 hours and all seems fine so i guess im stable enough.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

That is funny