aetherynn

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
So new build
ASUS P5Q SE2
Intel core 2 duo E7400
4G OCZ PC2-8500
WD 500GB new HDD

Boots to a black screen(show the opening screen for asus) wont start install of windows, i can get into bios where it is detecting all my CD/DVD drives and HDD but still wont start the windows install. Any ideas on what problem may be?

quickster2

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009

Try loading optimized defaults in bios. Also try resetting CMOS with jumper on m-board make sure put jumper back before trying power up. This happened to me once and this corrected the issue.

aetherynn

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
Ok cleared cmos and loaded all the bios defaults and still same black screen only thing i changed was putting the dvd drive to be 1st boot priority

Clowndude

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Hey, I recently had this board and had to return it due to it having so many issues, I would suggest doing the same... Asus is having bios and firmware issues right now so try to stay away :(

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Go to bios and disable the fullscreen Asus logo so you can see POST info and when is it going to "black screen". Also you may need to set your memory voltage, speed and timings manually as you have pc8500 modules. If you press F8 during post you get boot device menu, so theres no need to mess with boot priority in bios.

aetherynn

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009

yea i had the same idea however the place i bought it from refused to take it back or even exchange it so i m out 100 bucks so i have to bu a new board which i will not be buying from that place or anything else for that matter

hunter1412

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I have this same exact problem and I've been working at it for almost a week now and it's really starting to piss me off. I'm about to go buy a new motherboard. It goes to black screen when it should be reading the OS DVD, whether changing boot priority in bios or from boot device menu. Also, express gate won't work for me. The latest thing i tried was to update the bios using EZ flash 2, but it doesn't seem to be working either. The only other thing that I can think of trying is to change the mobo to dual cpu, but i don't think that will do anything, and i don't really know how to do it.

hunter1412

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
OK i finally got this to work. For anyone having this problem, what I did was take out all the hardware that i didnt need to install the OS, so in my case i took out the extra harddrive and dvd player. i also took out a pcie hub. I don't know which of these caused the problem, but its working now.