bertscova

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
Hey all now that some of the members have helped me to make this thing work. I have another question The cpu temp @ idle is 18c and the mobo temp is 31c are these good numbers i haven't ran it under a load yet im going to get an hd4870 1gb this weekend. am using a BFG GeForce FX5500 (PCI yes PCI) video card can't run any extreem grafic game to get a good load temp.

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD sata
Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
ASUS P5Q Pro
LGA Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775
OCZ ATI CrossFire 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin
Antec Earthwatts EA650 650w PSU
Acer 22" Widescreen LCD

Glad to hear it works. :)

CPU temps of 18C are impossible, unless you're in Canada and your window is opened. Any CPU with air cooling will be at least a few degrees warmer than the ambient temperature. Something is fishy with that temperature reading. How did you get it? Download CoreTemp and see what that shows.

I remember advising you to wait until you got the ATI card. OK, so you didn't, now make sure you clean up properly after that FX5500 when you switch. There's a free download called Driver Cleaner, get it.

Add more RAM.

bertscova

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008

The Asus driver disk came with a program called pc probe II should i still get "Coretemp"

As far as not using the fx card i plan on unistalling xp pro spk2 and installing xp pro spk3 so when the vid card comes i will format C: and install a fresh copy of xp spk 3. I just wanted to get this thing together to make sure everything worked, out of all the componets ordered 1 stick of mem was bad that set is on its way back to newegg as we type. so will be adding 2g more as soon as newegg gets it back to me.