Chkdsk and defragment on multiple partitions?

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

I can run CHKDSK on one at a time and only after a reboot. Is there a way I
can set CHKDSK to run on all partitions?
I have 2 physical drives.
Pri Master: 120GB divided into C. D, & E, roughly equal size.
Pri Slave: 160GB, F, unpartitioned.
Can a similar thing be done with defragment, I have Raxco PerfectDisk
installed?

--

Kenny Cargill

Hi,

This script here can help with defrag:
http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/defrag_all.htm

But you cannot do the same with chkdsk. Also, is the pri-slave is being
used, then it is not unpartitioned but rather contains only one partition.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>I can run CHKDSK on one at a time and only after a reboot. Is there a way
>I can set CHKDSK to run on all partitions?
> I have 2 physical drives.
> Pri Master: 120GB divided into C. D, & E, roughly equal size.
> Pri Slave: 160GB, F, unpartitioned.
> Can a similar thing be done with defragment, I have Raxco PerfectDisk
> installed?
>
> --
>
> Kenny Cargill

Each partition is classed as an individual drive. therefore you can only
chkdsk and defrag one dive (partition) at a time. the same would apply with
perfect disk.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..