Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

I can't believe you guys are buying into this video card war crap

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
February 25, 2010 9:16:04 PM

All of these sales pitches like direct x 10 or 11 or 11.1 or 1.1 or whatever else you have are just gimmicks. They arent any less gimmicky than the nintendo wii doogle. You dont ntoice these little things in games because games like dirt move too fast anyway and you aren't gonna be concentrating on how some crowd moves. Plus, you are spending all this cash on 300 dollar video cards that are gonna be obselete in months when the next best thing gets marketed and comes along anyway that might not even be used like dx 10 but youll fork down the cash anyway. You people are no worse than the casual wii gamers you laugh at imo. Its all marketing. For me games that came up like 10 yrs ago look as good and are as fun to play if not more than most mdoern games. Im talking about games like giants, descent 3, quake 3 and its mods, everything else since than is just bells and whistles that don't need in games anyway or notice unless you look for it.
February 25, 2010 9:27:22 PM

Your in the wrong forum
Score
0
February 25, 2010 9:44:44 PM

skittle said:
Your in the wrong forum


Sure is
Score
0
Related resources
February 25, 2010 10:17:14 PM

dude this is the overclocking forum.... we overclock to get better performance... dont tell us the little things (like better graphics) dont matter!!!!
Score
0
February 25, 2010 10:19:39 PM

all marketing? do you know anything about computers? every time they come out with a new card it is better/faster than the last this is what i live for!!
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
February 25, 2010 10:25:50 PM

I think he ment to post here because most of us that overclock will discuss how awesome their pc is.

IMHO graphics make a game... I dont do the single player in most games, so the story line doesnt matter to me. Cod4 had a terrible storyline but awesome multiplayer, so it got rated really well. If you dont have the money to spend on discrete graphics, then just buy a wii. But pc gamers are nuts about performance and the likes.

Besides, everyone likes to brag about their hardware. Makes your virtual penis bigger. :D 
Score
0
February 25, 2010 11:31:51 PM

overshocked said:
I think he ment to post here because most of us that overclock will discuss how awesome their pc is.

IMHO graphics make a game... I dont do the single player in most games, so the story line doesnt matter to me. Cod4 had a terrible storyline but awesome multiplayer, so it got rated really well. If you dont have the money to spend on discrete graphics, then just buy a wii. But pc gamers are nuts about performance and the likes.

Besides, everyone likes to brag about their hardware. Makes your virtual penis bigger. :D 


LOL
Score
0
February 25, 2010 11:38:22 PM

skittle said:
Your in the wrong forum


We don't have a forum designed for trolling do we?
Score
0
February 25, 2010 11:41:26 PM

whats funny is someone can come to tom's hardware where people are allways talking about the newest of the newest and the best of the best computer hardware, and talk bad about new graphics cards!

Besides what graphics card war... We all know ATI is at the top of the market right now!!!
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
February 25, 2010 11:50:21 PM

darkjuggalo2000 said:

Besides what graphics card war... We all know ATI is at the top of the market right now!!!


Let the fanboy war begin.

/grabs popcorn
Score
0
February 25, 2010 11:59:54 PM

lol I had to instigate... just to spite this thread
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
February 26, 2010 2:28:09 AM

I feel ya... This thread was doomed to degenerate into fanboyism at somepoint, It was only a matter of time.
Score
0
February 26, 2010 2:40:48 AM

lol thats funny personally i go with whoever has the best hardware at the time i go to buy it...
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
February 26, 2010 8:32:00 PM

Ohhh man..... you mean to tell me I've been wasting my disposable income on computer parts? AAAARRRGGGG!!!! :fou:  :fou:  :fou: 
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
February 26, 2010 8:34:58 PM

^ LOL!
Score
0
February 26, 2010 8:36:58 PM

OP is full of it.

Trying playing diablo 2 on a 1920x1200 monitor, the game itself can't do past 800x600 and looks like hell. Unless you are still playing on a 15" CRT there is no way TEN YEAR old games still look good.
Score
0
February 26, 2010 8:38:32 PM

you mean i just spent $1,000 dollars for nothing? damn i knew i should of given it to that stripper!
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2010 6:18:27 PM

darkjuggalo2000 said:
you mean i just spent $1,000 dollars for nothing? damn i knew i should of given it to that stripper!

Hahahahaha!!

On a somewhat related note, I was at the Graphics of the Americas trade show in Miami yesterday, and out of the 100-some vendors there, only ONE had a booth babe! I felt kind of jipped!
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2010 8:37:03 PM

jedimasterben said:
Hahahahaha!!

On a somewhat related note, I was at the Graphics of the Americas trade show in Miami yesterday, and out of the 100-some vendors there, only ONE had a booth babe! I felt kind of jipped!


That would be disappointing. Only 1 set of fake Fermi's at a graphics show!!!! :cry: 
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a c 231 K Overclocking
February 28, 2010 9:02:37 PM

This topic has been closed by 4ryan6
Score
0
!