Intel i5 750 Temp Reading. (Need A Professional Help)

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Well I just finish playing Dirt 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and I notice the Temp at Load were in the late 60's to early 70's
Well I'll just tell you the Temps for each core

Core#0 was at 72c
Core#1 was at 71c
Core#2 was at 73c
Core#3 was at 70c

No the system didn't reboot and the game didn't crash either. Now it has pass Prime95
I have the voltage set to:

Processor Core Voltage at 1.4v
Uncore Voltage at 1.35 (normal) since 1.35 It's not listed
CPU PLL at 1.88v
and Memory at 1.65v

Now I've ran prime95 for 24 hours and it was good.
but now I am a little worry about the temps.
Or should I be??

Please tell me what you think on what i should do next.
I'd need a professional idea on this.
You can see my spec on my signature.

Solution
Assuming that you have this thing OC's per the graphic in your sig, those hi 70's / low 80's numbers are a bit high....

Tried lowering voltages ? What cooler do you have ? What case ?

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
The time is 3:11am, I am going to leave it as is,
I just found out that Intel is not really be open about their Max Temps with either i7 and i5 CPU Quad Core Processors

Now I was talking to someone that I know back home in Japan over the phone and
I came to find out that he has a buddy that works at Intel

He says that the box replies the max temps to me at 72.3c but in fact the Max temps for Intel i7 920 is 80c
Also of the Intel i5 750 the Max temps for that is also at 78.4c :fou:

Unlike AMD switch they are very open about telling you what their Max temps really are. :D

Now Daiki ( my friend back home in Osaka) told me that, if Intel stops added Nickel onto the processors and just leave the copper base
people wouldn't have issues with temp readings. :sol: And I have to agree with him on that topic but as I'd recalled the nickel is there to protect the CPU from damaging.

Oh well If this CPU dies in a year I can always buy another one. He also told me why overclock when you have a Quad Core he says?
There is no need when you already have the power of four core with great speed. He also said that why don't you just overclock it to
3.0 and add Turbo Boost as Enabled. :heink: I've told him (Hell NO :pfff: ) :eek:

Well I guess I found my own answer back home in Japan after than I would have here.
I'd guess that means the end of this topic. :hello:

My System (not in my conf yet) - I5-750, P55-UM4P, 9700 cooler, 80 Gig Intel G2 SSD for boot drive, a pair of 640 Gig WD Blks, a Blu-ray recorder, ATI 5770 GPU
(1) The 9700 cooler is not the best by a long shot, BUT I like it.
(2) There was a artical on "the sweet spot" for the i5-750 which if I recall was 3.6 Not much diff between 3.8 (or for that matter 3.6) and 4.0 except bragging rights - For games that rely on the GPU - I dought you could tell the diff. My I5-750 operates great at 3.6/3.8 @ 1.275V, I much prefer <60/65 C I do not think there is much to gain by pushing the thermo envelope. Not into games myself as you can tell from My choice of GPu.
(3) I do not like pushing the thermo envolope, Much prefer Max temp of 60-65C. Added comment - Heat is only one side (ie using a better cooler) of the equation. At the same Temp, the increase in voltage and the increase in frequency also have an effect.
(4) I noted that you are running DDR3-1600 @ 1.65 V CL 9 - You could probable compensate for a freq drop of 200 - 400 MHz by using better Ram, I use Ripjaw DDR3-1600 @ 1.60V with CL 7-7-7-24.

Bottom line - Shoot for the lowest setting, that increasing the CPU freq does not produce a noticeable Increase in performace.. Forget Bench marks, If into gaming, Look at you framerates and can you see the diff. If into Video editing - CPU more importaint, How long does tat video editing take, A couple of sec, unless your are doing it for long periods of time is not worth it.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Wow, over the top, I've already answer the own question why asking a professional but thank that that info.
Not sure is it has to do with the question. And no I am not using DDR3-1600, I am using DDR3 1333.
no idea if the temps are ideal for use in that state.
I just lap the CPU and The temps went down by 10C. As I said before, I don't care if it die out. Buy another one or
buy a new Heatsink. (WaterCooling) Note, The stupidest thing I have done was apply Zalman Thermal Grease when I set it up.
(Just found my ARCTIC SILVER 5 Thermal Grease and apply it and now I have to wait about a week to see real results)

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

The more I read your stuff you post the more I'm convinced you really need to do a little more research and a lot less posting.

Intel is VERY forthright on telling you their EXACT recommendations for temperatures. Do you even know HOW Intel measures the stated temps they give you? Do you even know what a data sheet is?

You are talking all this nonsense and giving people REALLY BAD advice because you don't know what you are talking about, do MORE research PLEASE!!

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

I am only to say this in a peaceful matter

P lease don't tell me to do more research when I have really have seen the data sheet.
Do me a favor and not attack someone when they ask for some professional help. That's right, that's what this topic is about.
Do a little more listen and help someone with some advice than is more ideal and don't think to yourself that you convinced I have no idea what I am talking about. (The last topic was all about have a sense of humor about our little chat). What Happen to the temps was just something I needed to know. Therefore, I never said that I was right in the first place but as you have read my last replies to myself to end then topic,

The keyword is

"A friend back home in Japan has a friend that works at Intel" Yes he is little older than me (39) and has work on computers since he was at a very young age. I always have counted on him to tell me what I need to know about computer technology.
So, I do think you own me a apologize answer base one what you try to say about me. I'd think it was wrong of you to say such troublesome things. So there you go as a reply to your post

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Thank you for reply in a common matter,

Yes that is my O'C in the signature there, and Zalman 9700 (Pure Copper) Heatsink.
I just apply fresh new ARCTIC SILVER 5 Thermal Grease and remove the Zalman brand (switch is not good at all)
There has been some degree drops in the last 24 hours since then (by 6C) for we are not going to know the full result for a week
because it take about a week or so for the Thermal Grease show some real results.

Other than that I am going to Lapped the CPU in a Later time after seeing my results in the ARCTIC SILVER 5.

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

Keiki, the problem I'm having is that a lot of people that come to this site have little or no experience with OCing and you are telling them things that completely WRONG and could even possible damage their computers. 1156 platform is not that old so no-one can say for sure that running your vtt @ 1.35 volts (as you stated) will or will not damage anything in time but Intel clearly states an ABSOLUTE max of 1.21 volts. Plus these temperatures your stating as fact you got from a friend. Telling people this with little or no experience will take things like this as fact and presume it's OK when in fact it may cause damage. Your video is the same thing with many things stated wrong. THAT is why I said maybe a little more research is needed. You would be doing the people you are trying to help and yourself a great service.

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

Now that I have the above post off my chest. You have everything maxed or exceeded voltage wise. You can easily raise your multiplier and drop your Bclk so you can lower ALL of your set voltages so it will run a lot cooler. The idea of ONLY using a 19x multiplier as the best way to OC the 750 is once again not true as many, many, many people will attest to with an i5 750. Hope this helps.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Please don't sit here and judge me when you have no idea what or who I am. You sounds like a person that always has to be right in this case. Like I said before , ( I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT). Why can you get there thru your head? I don't know and don't want to know why.
Now about my homemade video, I never had made any adjustment to my voltage settings and how I've O.C my system is working the way I wanted (perfectly fine). Please stop trying to be the that person that thinks he know it all and be the a person that can say to me here is what you do and just give some professional advice (switch in this case you are not a professional in technology). No has to listen to me as I stated before and this is why they call it a forum.

This isn't a job task to finish up with my boss here, this is a open community with ideal thoughts for people can read and understand where the other is coming from/or standing in some cases. One thing I notes is that you would like for me to stupid up but this is my start topic and I ask for help here. Not for you to try to make fun of the fact that I was wrong about something and I am proud to be wrong about a lot of things, that's life and we have to deal with it. Although we don't have to take bad mouthing each other and telling the other and I have to quote here " You wrong get some education about what you talking about /or as you have said you know absolute nothing in your video or what you have posted."

I'd ask for some help and you are not helping. therefore you can say whatever you like.
Like I said before (I NEVER SAID i WAS RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING - JUST TRYING TO HELP A PERSON ON WHAT I KNOW SO FAR)

IT WOULD BE A GREAT SERVICE IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Have a good day (The End) well the topic ended about 5 replies ago.

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

I tried to help you with some basic overclocking 101 type stuff, lower your voltages and reduce temps but I guess even this is a little over your head.

Enjoy your computer.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

No, I understood what you been trying to tell me and I been working on the right settings for my voltage for sometime now (5 Day Ago).
It's the way you come towards others that leaves me ( maybe others ) to believe that you might seem a little cocky if I must say.
Not sure if it's our age difference that is taking affect here but I just wanted to point that out. (Difference Age Group)
In some case in psychology in a research between one's age group and another age group, one younger vs one that is older.
The younger one might think he/she is right in some cases and the same for as for an older adults that might seem this young male/female adult is wrong. You get the point here. A debated is according in this stage of a conversation.

Yes the reply with the voltage settings is what information I want to give, But....
I'd said those setting to do a backward test on voltage to see how hot it would get ,
You can read the temps in the bios and if you see that your temps are high in the BIOS,
then lower the voltage little at a time until you have the right voltage settings and also see if it is stable.
(want to shoot for Mid 30's in temps) I've came to 1.296V to hit 4.0 and it's very stable so far in Prime95
My VVT is at 1.550V
I've also balance the voltage for the CPU PLL and Memory and ETC. all at lower voltage settings to handle the O.C

Of as I'd said before, reapplying the Thermal Grease (from Zalman to ARCTIC SILVER5 ) help as well

core temps are

At Load
Core#0 - 55
Core#1 - 49
Core#2 - 53
Core#3 - 53

idle Temps are
Core#0 - 35
Core#1 - 32
Core#2 - 33
Core#3 - 34

Spike17

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
yo kiki can you not listen i guess you dont know as much as you think you do becouse you have to ask for help and i hate ppl like you you think other ppls thoughts dont matter and you seemed pretty desprate to get an awnser becouse you did three posts in a row you 31 year old still lives in his moms basement bitch

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

Sorry man, I only speak ENGLISH, I can't understand what you are saying. What the heck is "My VVT is at 1.550v" , Vacuum Voltage Tester maybe, I know I have to keep an eye on my vacuum's voltage? You can even see in your last post that you are trying to teach me something when you don't have a clue what you are doing, I think you have the cocky one all wrong, you may want to look at yourself. How about your video, for the perfect OC, LOL.

I liked your one comment on one of your YOUTUBE video's. The guy asked why you didn't just use an A/C to cool your computer and your response was that the liquid they use inside the A/C would make your computer all dusty. ROFL, I thought that was great, yeah you have to look out for the A/C liquid, it's dusty stuff.

Myself and a lot of others around here have seen your kind come and go, your nice to them at first because you realize it's probably their first OC and they are feeling good about it. Then they start "helping" others without really knowing what they are doing but you still try to be nice and try to correct them when needed. Then you get the "cocky" ones that think they are right no matter what and argue with you when it's obvious they don't have a clue. Guess that about sums it up.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Not trying to be rude here, but I don't live with my mother ( past away) second If you have read the replies I live in Osaka, Japan but I am In Madison, Wisconsin
On a Student Visa right now. Please spell better. The name is Keiki not Kiki (Kiki) is female and Keiki is Male.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

My kind?? You make it seem if that I am some type of living animal or thing.
I am a nice guy but you are not reading what I have said. I don't care if I am right or wrong.
You see here how you are trying to make fun of someone when clearly you have no self respect for yourself
or others and I (the other) is trying to be reasonable and understanding but you are just being rude.

This is not my first O.C. It's call getting to understand the Gigabyte Mobo and Intel i5 better.
Correct myself It's QPI/VTT Voltage down to 1.1500v (clearly you didn't know what I was talking about)

Second and foremost I would like to say that no, the A/C wasn't a good idea because the cold air coming from the A/C (min temp was 40c on mobo, end up going to 27C) and end up dusting my MOBO andthat cause me to order a new MOBO. It also cause the memory to do the same.
Yes it did dust, so please don't tell me that I don't know what I am talking aboutwhen it personally happen to me.
( And I had listen to someone like you telling me that A/C will help). I'll never do that again. You miss the point where I was also
agree with you on what you say about the O.C but I am going to end this with a last reply here and say if you are adult , act like one.

Now I guess that sums it up....

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

That's one of your problems that I've been trying to point out to you, YOU SHOULD CARE if your right or wrong.

Let me break this to you gently, respect has to be earned (since you weren't taught this) and is not applied just because you are alive. If you act like you have been on this forum, of course I don't respect you because you have been acting like a spoiled 10 year old. Grow up and take responsibility for your actions and you will earn respect.

Once again, cocky attitude, you screw up and post something completely WRONG (VVT 1.55v) and then try to say that "clearly you didn't know what I was talking about".

Once again, cocky attitude. NO you don't know what you are talking about again, A/C is a closed system, the freon and oil in the A/C has nothing to do with dust because it never comes in contact with the outside air. Whether the dust came from inside the room or outside a simple filter would have taken care of it.

Dumping very cold moist air into a hot computer is not the wisest of choices, like you are doing now with your dryer hose and fan pushing very cold moist outside air into your hot computer. Just FYI.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

I am going to say this one more time and this is the last time. You can't be good at everything you do and can't be smart at everything you do but
you would just going to have to keep trying and trying to get better at it.
Just like you can't be right about everything or everything you say because life is about choice and people do make mistakes.
Yes, I do make mistakes and I am not right at the all about things like this. If I'm wrong, then I am wrong about things. I do accept that
but I don't think you can.
As I said before, It's not me that's trying to have an upper hand here and look good, it's you. Now at one point of this conversation I did agree with you.
But you kept on going attack on the way I live and the way I don't take responsibility when in fact I do.

As you reply about me dumping very cold cold moist air into a hot computer?? Someone has been keeping taps on me. I didn't even post that video here.
Have you try doing it by A/C? I'd believe I have a old picture of the motherboard that was dusted from the A/C
also the computer case as well. No I am not a cocky person but I am a person that can accept that if I am wrong I am just wrong in switch I admitted to.

The End of this, you can keep saying what you are saying but in realize I am just going to agree with you on some things you said
and not agree with you on somethings you have said about me.

The End

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

TRUE, but a person who keeps doing the wrong thing when he is corrected is pretty much a fool unless he proves that he is in fact correct.

I'm just pointing out your short cummings in both your computer OCing and now you that you refuse to except. Anyone that would argue this long without trying to prove he is right about something or concede he was wrong (to put it in Japanese terms) has brought DISHONOR to both himself and his family. It's to bad those values don't mean that much anymore.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

You know nothing about Japanese culture or the ways we live, so please don't quote.
Now I'm a person that keeps doing things wrong? I didn't know that you living with me or know me.
See how you are adding more hateful things to make me seem as if I am a really bad person, when you're the one is behaving very childlike.

How about this, The both of us are wrong and that is bottom line.
No one is right here but a professional and clearly we are not professionals. I ask for a professional to help.

My pleasure.

Actually, it takes about 1 year of normal use to fully cure......

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=138&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=5

"Here is the Arctic Silver 5 recommended cure time instruction from the manufacturers web site:

Due to the unique shape and sizes of the particles in Arctic Silver 5's conductive matrix, it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired.

So by my estimation of this statement it would take almost a year of normal use to properly cure the AC5 compound, or almost nine days of continuous power cycles to meet their recommendation."

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Awesome reply. I also thought that it would take about 2 weeks to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction. You'll learn something new everyday.
Thank you for your professionalism on the topic.

5 stars.