Budget 5.1 Headset

I know this topic has been kicked around a bit already, but in searching through the posts, all the suggestions were mostly the high end expensive headset, and thats not what I am after.

I am looking for a quality 5.1 Headset that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg (somewhere around 50-75 bucks).

I am going to be gaming mostly, might listen to some music. I am not a super audiophile, just need something quality to game with. Also I need a good mic on the headset. Just went through a bunch of garbage with a headset mic not picking up my voice at all, so I sent it back.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about budget headset
  1. umm, how do you get a 5.1 headset... By there very nature anything you stick on your head will be 2.0???
  2. I have an ABS AZ1 7.1 headset. It is a nice headset but it doesn't supplant a nice set of room speakers but it does better than I thought it would. I think I paid 40 bucks for them. I refused to pay alot for a headset because I rarely use it.
  3. roofus said:
    I have an ABS AZ1 7.1 headset. It is a nice headset but it doesn't supplant a nice set of room speakers but it does better than I thought it would. I think I paid 40 bucks for them. I refused to pay alot for a headset because I rarely use it.

Have you got 7 ears?
  4. indeed i do!
  5. They can stick as many little speakers as they want in yer headphones. They make those things pretty big for a reason.
  6. How does the mic work on those ABS ones?
  7. haven't used it yet. it does go up and out of the way very nicely though.
  8. Ive heard some pretty good things about the ABS headset. By the way, does this headset work with vista 64bit?
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Gaming Headsets Components