Vista 64 BIt Compatible Wireless Cards

G

I recently purchased an iBuyPower Gamer Power 504 from NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227122) and was looking to give it wireless internet access. I've so far purchased a Belkin PCI-Wireless-G Card as well as a Netgear NEXT-N Draft PCI Wireless card. Neither of these worked despite multiple drivers and hours of frustration. Currently I'm running a 100ft of ethernet from my router to comp and as you can imagine, that kinda sucks. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm running Vista 64bit Home Premium and the link above shows spec for the system:

Athlon 64 x2 5000+
4GB DDR2
NVidia GeForce 9500GT
MSI NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430 MCP61 P/S/V
450 PWS

Help Please :)

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
you get cheap system from newegg with not support - get what you pay for!

kidding - kind of?

seriously call the manufacture that is what the warranty and tech support is for

you need to research the card, for instance belkin makes no 64bit comptible wirless deives but linksys

match device brands match the router to the new work drivce in the pc for best results!

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
googlle and find 64bit info

you can then search list of products that are comptible - i know about belkin since i was going to buy one and when i checked i saw none worked with 64bit

newegg is for the informed, beware! <---that means they leave stuff out of the specs on purpose it appears to me