Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 running slow on a good computer?

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Computers
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows 7
December 11, 2009 3:06:35 AM

I just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate from Vista. I have a decent computer, but after the upgrade everything has been running like its in slow motion. Every window that pops up pops up slow and when i exit out, it exits out slow. But the big problem i am having is that my games are running in slow motion even if i put all the settings as far down as they can go. I have updated my drivers for my motherboard, and video card and it hasn't improved one bit. I also have cleared the registry using regcure and it still hasn't improved. All the same games that i played on Vista ran perfectly until i upgraded, and i clean installed the OS's twice now and i still have the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this, or am i just going to have to stick with vista to run everything better?

Here is my computer:

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard

GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 video card

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3

Intel Core i7-920 processor

CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W PSU

x2 Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA

XIGMATEK Intel Core i7 compatible Dark Knight heat sink

AZZA Solano 1000 Black Full tower Case

More about : windows running slow good computer

a b $ Windows 7
December 11, 2009 3:29:55 AM

Make sure to format the drive and do a clean install. Load the latest mother board drivers after installing Windows. Check you HDD for errors maybe the upgrade froze and you restarted it and damaged a hard drive. Dont know, I wasnt there, Its likely a driver problem or hard drive problem.
m
l
December 11, 2009 4:38:53 AM

I did format the hard drive when i did the clean install. And everything runs fine on Vista, before i tried to upgrade the second time because i was making sure that it wasn't the hard drive that went bad. And as far as i know i downloaded all the drivers that are out for the ASUS board. I just don't know if there is a compatibility issue with windows 7 and my hardware that may be getting in the way.
m
l
Related resources
!