oblivionzx

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
My computer has been getting BSODs once a day while I'm on Firefox.

After each BSOD, Windows 7 stops working and I have to do a system restore each time. After many system restores, I decided to reinstall Windows 7.

The BSODs still kept coming and I don't have any minidumps because of system restore.

My specs:
Windows 7 Professional x64
GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L
Intel E6500
250 GB WD Caviar Blue
2X2GB DDR2 800Hz
Radeon HD 4670
380W

Solution
Actually, if it is a really common occurence, maybe try removing one stick, running for a while, see if anything happens, switch and repeat, could save you a lengthy memory test if you can narrow it down that way. Other than that, I'm not really a memory testing guru, because, since it is so cheap these days, if I even SUSPECT memory being a problem, it's worth it to me just to buy new sticks than to go through the tedious process of trying to troubleshoot it. Hopefully someone with memory testing experience can chime in here and let you know the proper way to go about it.

MundoDragon

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Run an extensive memory test with memtest86 and see if there is a problem with your RAM, as that is one of the leading causes of the issues you are having, especially after system restores and a reinstall. By the way, was it a clean format and install, or just overtop the old installation?

MundoDragon

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Actually, if it is a really common occurence, maybe try removing one stick, running for a while, see if anything happens, switch and repeat, could save you a lengthy memory test if you can narrow it down that way. Other than that, I'm not really a memory testing guru, because, since it is so cheap these days, if I even SUSPECT memory being a problem, it's worth it to me just to buy new sticks than to go through the tedious process of trying to troubleshoot it. Hopefully someone with memory testing experience can chime in here and let you know the proper way to go about it.

Solution