Your question

Lost cd/dvd drive

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
April 5, 2011 2:04:36 PM

Hello,
i seem to have lost my cd/dvd drive from my laptop can you help me get it back thank you

More about : lost dvd drive

a b \ Driver
a c 204 D Laptop
April 5, 2011 5:13:29 PM

Look were you last left it, maybe under your jacket in the closet?

What is "lost"? It's not seen in the system anymore? Did you reseat it?
a b \ Driver
April 5, 2011 6:15:41 PM

There is a program called CDgonezip, I have scanned the download, but I have not tried it. I cannot attest to it's worthiness or safety. Several other people said that it worked.

There is the repair install, directions located in this forum, sixth post from the top, which will fix it. This method is undoubtedly the safest, since you are using the XP disk to reload everything.

And then there is this, that does not work on all computers, but worked on mine and a few others:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
4. In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 7.
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
6. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
7. In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further.
8. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
9. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
10. Exit Registry Editor.
11. Restart the computer.
!