Windows xp volume help free help

G

hi every one my sound apears to have stoped working no valume online and i keep getting problems trying to install or update these 3 new bits of soft ware

G

hi every one my sound apears to have stoped working no valume online and i keep getting problems trying to install or update these 3 new bits of soft ware

mass storage controller.
video controller
video controller (aga compatiable)
its been down for 3 days just after it said device updating

G

i balive they are normal updates but it happand when my child who is 8 was on it...

Those things should not have been updating, unless you have a update utility from the vendor that checks for updated drivers. What problems are you having? Have you tried to download the drivers from the vendor. Did a virus and spyware scan as well? 8 yr olds unless they are told will click on anything that comes up on the screen.

G

no sound and all my music files don't seem to be located on laptop anymore

no sound and all my music files don't seem to be located on laptop anymore

Sounds like there was some random deleting of files going on. Check the Recycle bin, do a drive search for the files. Don't leave your 8yr old alone with the computer anymore unless you show them exactly what is OK to do and what is not OK to do.

May want to create a very basic user account with no rights for them to use.

Double click the speaker icon in the lower right hand of the desktop, this will bring up the mixer, or single click to bring up the volume control.
But in case the volume is missing, corrupted, or the audio is otherwise non-functional:
you check whichever audio was installed:
click start, control panel, add remove programs, look at the list...
which audio software is shown on the list? delete it, restart the computer.

now visit the motherboard manufacturer or computer manufacturer's website
look up your computer drivers by model number
download the latest audio drivers, save on the desktop...
turn the antivirus off,
if you have multiple security programs installed, turn them all off
(your driver may not install if security systems are turned on)
now load your new audio driver, restart, turn the antivirus back on.
Let the forum know if that solves the problem. SGM