Dual 9800gt or HD3780x2

G

I am planning on buying a XPS 730 soon and im am not sure which will offer better proformance and overclocking potental they both cost about the same so cost isnt an issue. thx

I am planning on buying a XPS 730 soon and im am not sure which will offer better proformance and overclocking potental they both cost about the same so cost isnt an issue. thx

If your heart is set on the XPS (and I cannot for the life me understand why), get the 3870X2.
But really, really, I mean really look at how much you are going to pay for this rig, and those are last generation graphic cards.

And to the some of you other posters.....did you read the OP's question?
"Make sure you have an adequate PSU", "buy mine on eBay", did you guys not see that he quite plainly said this is his choices for a new XPS?

G

Thanks for the reply and for READING my post. the reason that im getting an xps is first i live in australia so we are like 2 months behind the states and twice the price in hardware. second i am 15 and dont have lots of spare cash and my parents will buy it for christmas, i tryed to convince them to give me the money and il build it my self but they are IT consults to they buy alot of computers from dell and can get discounts. Also what about overclocking i have over clocked several gpus and cpus and im interasted in peoples results with these cards

Go here and read through this entire article.
http://hothardware.com/Articles/Dell_XPS_730_H2C_Performance_Gaming_System/
It is very comprehensive, shows a lot benchmarks using combinations of both graphic cards, and also overclocking potential and results. You should really look at the GPU charts, as the 3870X2 wins most of the GPU tests, there are some games, like Crysis that really prefered the nVidia card. So check which games you are planning on running. It is a long article, with a lot of good information on the system you are looking at.

^ Hi RR, these are the new top of the line high dollar gaming rigs from Dell, the BIOS on these is very detailed, not a stripped down version like you usually see. You do have most all of the options that you would on any decent gaming board.

G

Thnx that article really helped but i am still uncertain on dual 9800 gt vs 3870x2 bench marks as the 9800gt's arnt covered in the review.

G

Oh i just remebered the nvidia Physx processing in there GPUs is this gona give me any benifit to an amd card

G

Thanx a lot based on that il go with the 9800gt's mainly because of the better proformace in CoD4 and Crysis

Hey, check on this with Dell, but I think the Dell XPS's may have 3 PCIe slots and support tri-sli, or maybe the board is an option. Just saying though that if you decide to go with 9800GT's, might as well triple'em up if possible on the system you are getting. Especially if the games you like favor nVidia GPU's. What the heck, you did say your parents are footing the bill, right!?
The direct link from the Dell website shows that these PC's come with this motherboard:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_nforce_790i_ultra_sli_us.html