Asus p5q pro and temps

ny_nick

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
Hello everyone.

I have a question concerning my asus p5q pro. I monitor my system regularly and im just trying to figure out some things about keeping my mobo and system cool.
running the p5q pro 4gb gskill ddr2 1066 and gtx 260. cpu runs at about 14c idle and mid 20s to 30s under load. But the actual mobo temp seems to run a little hotter.
At about 35c idle and 40s under load along with the gtx 260 running in the 40s as well. Are these temps in the 30s to 40s to hot for the mobo. What is the main cause of heat on the actuall board and where is the thermal sensor located. is there a certain part of the mobo that i should key on keeping cool. My system has about 8 fans already but im not sure if i should change the position on some of them to try to keep the board cooler. Im using a raidmax smilodon xtreme black case which in my opinion is kind of cramped. cable mamagment is very poor with this case and im open to any suggestions or pics from anyone using this case to give me some ideas. Just seems to me like the board temp is kind of warm for being idle. I just ordered a antec 900 case and im hoping i might be able to keep my board a little cooler.

I was also wondering if anyone knows a way to keep the gtx 260 any cooler as there are not to many aftermarket cooling units available for this card.
does anyone know how to remove the enclosure that comes stock on the gtx260 by bfg tech.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice