Werid boot up

pops64

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
I have GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard brand new. It was and still does but not has often have issues restarting through the use of a the reset switch or through a 10 sec hold on the power button. After this is done it will try to restart all the fans spin hdd light lights up. No output through the monitor tho. After all this it shutdowns waits a few secs and try again. I have let it do this for a while but it seems to get stuck in this loop. The only way to get it out is to unplug it. Then let it drain the capacitor and plug it in and then it will boot normally. During a normal OS restart it works fine. Some times when i hit the restart switch it works fine. During this morning tho i think it was trying to turn on yet i did not tell it to do so but it did and got stuck in this loop. I have a UPS and Thermaltake 700 W PSU and a 4850x2 ATI card. Thanks for reading this if you made it to the end :)

pops64

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
keyboard, mouse, USB hub, printer, UPS. The old motherboard that was in this computer worked fine. I upgrade so i could get PCI-e 2.0 for the video card. OS Restarts are kind of iffy to. When it restarts it completely shutdowns all fans before it restarts