Sign in with
Your question

PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH DRIVERS!!

Last response: in Motherboards
March 1, 2009 3:55:47 PM

I bought a new computer - the Packard Bell IMedia B2217. It had vista on it, so i decided to install xp, so i did. I need the drivers for my network card, I don't know which one it is! All i know is that I have a nvidia geforce/nvidia nforce 610i. I really need your help. Please I'm desperate

Please ask me if you need more detail!

More about : drivers

March 1, 2009 5:37:02 PM

I didn't even know that there was still a Packard Bell.

You might be able to find out the actual motherboard from the init string. "wims bios" page should be able to help with that. Then you could see if there were drivers for that motherboard's onboard NIC.

I think it would be much easier to just install a PCI one. Cheap and xp likely already has drivers.
March 1, 2009 6:55:18 PM

It's Ok I managed to solve it!
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
April 13, 2009 6:21:35 PM

rooncraz, can you tell me how you managed to solve it please, trying to sort the same thing out for a friend
April 13, 2009 6:25:16 PM

I just went to packard bells website and chose my model and clicked on "support" and then "product downloads" and chose the drivers from their.
Hope I helped ya!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
April 13, 2009 6:44:03 PM

well i'll be.....went on the main support pages and found nothing!! didn't even think of trying the main product page!! Thank you very much m8
April 13, 2009 9:11:10 PM

Quote:
well i'll be.....went on the main support pages and found nothing!! didn't even think of trying the main product page!! Thank you very much m8

Download an application called Unknown device identifier and look for the device you need, it will at least give you something to put in google to search for the drivers.
April 18, 2009 3:06:21 PM

I bought this computer, too, and I'd like to install my copy of Windows XP Pro on it - but I have a problem. I insert the disk, and it gets past the stage of loading all the default drivers, such as SATA or Raid drivers, and then just as it gets to the "Setup is starting Windows" step- it gets a bluescreen error. Any ideas?
April 18, 2009 3:25:59 PM

XP should automatically find the drivers for it. If it doesn't go to the companies website and get them. Last if the product came with a disc load it.
!