Sign in with
Your question

Is it normal a computer crashes during a CPU stress test?

Last response: in CPUs
January 26, 2009 6:41:47 PM

I just opened like 15 Youtube videos at once to have my processor run at 100%. I was checking the temperature. Then it crashed, and I could not power it on until I closed/opened the switch on the back. Is this normal?
a b à CPUs
January 26, 2009 6:57:59 PM

No! Something's not good. Insufficient power, insufficient cooling, OC beyong the processor's capabilities. Something like this. Any specs?
January 26, 2009 7:15:14 PM

I think the problem is that it's an ES chip. It's a Pentium 4 3.8 ghz that I ordered from China. I have a good heatsink tough. It idles at 33 Celcius. I have a 450 watts brand new power supply.

I was kinda scammed, because the Ebay seller didn't mention it was ES. But I am wondering if it's as good one as a legit processor? I discovered this is a ES chip with CPUz.
Related resources
January 26, 2009 8:30:21 PM

Wow this thing is way too dangerous. I just used a small program for a stress test and my computer refused to power on for 20 minutes! I am removing this processor from my computer ASAP and asking a refund from the Ebay seller.
January 26, 2009 8:35:04 PM

rule one never buy anything related to a computer on Ebay. Go to www.newegg.com instead or trusted other site's
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2009 4:21:00 PM

SteveSmith1980 said:
I think the problem is that it's an ES chip. It's a Pentium 4 3.8 ghz that I ordered from China. I have a good heatsink tough. It idles at 33 Celcius. I have a 450 watts brand new power supply.

I was kinda scammed, because the Ebay seller didn't mention it was ES. But I am wondering if it's as good one as a legit processor? I discovered this is a ES chip with CPUz.

how can you tell it's an es chip with cpuz?
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2009 4:53:32 PM

^^cpuz states it in the 'processor name' field, like 'Intel Pentium4 ES'
but the funny thing is that cpu is pretty darn old, if it really is P4 ES....

Could be psu issues as well...
January 27, 2009 10:07:02 PM

It is not PSU issues. I am using a pentium 4 630 3.00 ghz (legit one) since 2005, and never had any problem with it. Right now I put the 630 back in my computer.
!