cmmcnamara

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
Hey all,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a computer case; my rig I built in May used an Apevia X-Navigator case but even as careful as I am, it's been falling apart since day one (cheapy plastic). I want to get a new, excellent quality case and use the Apeiva one as something to experiment with mods on.

What I want to get is something that is:

A) A full tower
B) Made of sturdy, strong material. This won't be something I'm lugging to LAN's so weight is not an issue.
C) Engineered to be quiet.
D) Has many cool features such as tool-less bays, removable motherboard trays, HDD slide-and-lock trays, etc.

So far I have only really been looking at Thermaltake's Armor+ series, I really like the interior design and the slide able hood on top that allows for water cooling addition but it's kind of large. My brother has Coolermaster's COSMOS 1000 which is similar in dimensions but its freaking huge. Also, Thermaltake's ARMOR MX+ is listed as a Mid Tower but its dimensions are almost identical to my current full tower! Is this just a Thermaltake internal sizing?

What other tower's would you guys recommend? I really want something strong and something that will last, I am really disappointed with this Apevia at the price I paid ($150!). By the way I'd like to keep the cost at and downwards of $300. Thanks!

cmmcnamara

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
Since I was drawn so much to the Armor+ case I decided to wander around Thermaltake's website and I found the Xasar VI case. I have a tenancy for cases with front doors but I really liked the features of the Armor+. However after watching some reviews on the cases by 3DGameMan on Youtube and comparing dimensions it looks like these cases maybe practically identical with the exception of their appearances? Can anybody verify this or know of a store which actually has computer cases on display?

coolsigns

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Can supply modding panels most sizes and shapes. Will also engrave your logo or design on panel, all 3mm thick clear acrylic contact me for further information. Quality materials for the serious modder. Will supply worldwide.

harrier64@hotmail.com

TRENDING THREADS