Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus P6T Delux ram issues

Last response: in Motherboards
March 1, 2009 9:17:48 PM

First, while I am new to this, I am not so new to building my own computers. I just purchased an Asus P6T Delux motherboard, with an I7. Simple enough. It does not matter if I follow the recommended mem installation, when I have all 6 banks filled only 8gigs are show in the bios. If I remove one black DDR3 from DIMM A2 (BLACK), bios now sees 10gigs. Replace A2 again, and I get 8gigs. I have tried several configurations, and I still have the same problem. Yes I flashed the bios, so I am running the newest bios. Now here is the crazy part. If I check my little utility CPU-Z, it shows 12 gigs when all the banks are full, but the bios then shows 8gigs. Yes all of the ram has been tested, and they all work fine.

Memory Type: Dual Channel DDR3

Memory Speed: 1333MHz PC10600

Memory CAS Latency: 7-7-7-20

I know several people have had the same problem with Asus P6T Delux. I love the board. I have always used Asus with no problems what so ever. If this is a know problem, should I just purchase the Asus Rampage? You thoughts please, and be kind.

Thanks.
March 2, 2009 12:48:25 AM

If your program sees all of your ram, and Windows Vista sees all of your ram. Where is the problem. the x58 MB are best used with three banks of ram not four. a Latency issue.
March 2, 2009 1:21:04 AM

AtaliaA1 said:
If your program sees all of your ram, and Windows Vista sees all of your ram. Where is the problem. the x58 MB are best used with three banks of ram not four. a Latency issue.

That's what I thought at first. However, all the banks are filled. So it's not a bank config issue. All the memory has been tested-no issues there. So starting with the bios. When all banks are filled, the bios does not see the 12 gigs. In fact, the bios reads only 8 gigs. When I enter the OS (Vista 64x) The Os also displays 8gigs. Now when I use the little utility, CPU-Z does in fact show the 12 gigs. Now, if it were a Latency issue, I should have that problem with no matter if I have 3 banks filled or two. All memory is the same as noted. Now I have been able to get the bios to recognize upto 10gigs. But with I add the final bank, it subtracts, and brings it back to eight. Eight, not ten. How strange is that? I will go back to check sttings, but this issue happens with default settings with no OC.

Thanks.
Related resources
March 2, 2009 11:34:49 PM

Sounds Like BIOS Flash needed, but I would not fill 4 banks with DDR3 Ram. with 4 banks all the reviews say you loose speed due to latency issue. just a side note.

Your problem sounds like bios flash check MotherBoards website.
March 3, 2009 1:26:54 PM

I had the same problem, which is apparently common with the P6T, I just RMA'd it. BIOS update did not help.
March 3, 2009 10:55:00 PM

caniba said:
I had the same problem, which is apparently common with the P6T, I just RMA'd it. BIOS update did not help.

OHhhhhh Mannn!!!! I just ordered this MB too. From IBuyPower. hope the don't let system out with that problem. Who did you get your system from?

?
March 4, 2009 2:50:25 AM

If you bought a complete system then it should have been tested and will be fine.

I built it with parts from New Egg.
a b V Motherboard
March 4, 2009 5:06:47 AM

AtaliaA1 said:
Sounds Like BIOS Flash needed, but I would not fill 4 banks with DDR3 Ram. with 4 banks all the reviews say you loose speed due to latency issue. just a side note.

Your problem sounds like bios flash check MotherBoards website.

The P6T deluxe should run 12 gigs just fine, and there's only a minor speed hit. I'm running 12 gigs of DDR3-1600 (which by the way is 6 banks, not 4), and it runs great.

What BIOS version do you have?
April 23, 2009 4:13:51 PM

I just bought the exact same setup. P6T Deluxe V2 mobo with i7 processor and 12 gigs of ram...BUT only shows 8 gigs in bios and 8 gigs in Vista 64. Doesn't seem to be any final answer to this thread? What did you do to resolve this? Thanks!

P.S. One other thing I've found while researching this issue is that it may be the speed of our memory modules.

"Due to Intel spec definition, XPM DIMMs and DDR-3 1600 are supported for one DIMM per channel only."

My memory modules are 1600mhz memory modules, what about yours? Should we downgrade memory to 1333mhz?
May 21, 2009 11:19:57 AM

hi

I have the same chip/mobo/6 slots filled with 2gb ram and have exactly the same problem! 12 gig shows up in CPUz, but only 8 in bios and Vista 64 - however, I am running 1333MHz ram (Corsair CM3X2G1333C9) already, so that doesn't help.

Logged on to Asus and updated the bios, and after booting into it I can sometimes get 10 gb to show up - but a straight boot into Windows always shows 8.

The mobo shows the blue light under the ram slots, indicating no problem.

Changing the bios voltage settings only seem to make the system bluescreen a lot more - since I reset everything abck to default auto it runs stable.

Been on Corsairs forum - no clear answers there either.

Might have to tackle Asus, or the vendors, I guess. I'd hate all the hassle of replacing the mobo.

Help! Driving me nuts! Wasted too much time on this!
Any ideas out there?

Mac

a b V Motherboard
May 22, 2009 1:20:48 AM

CJL: Wait I did some research and apparently based on my sources it says that the asus p6t only supprts ddr3 1333mhz ram...not any faster, so how are you running 1600mhz ram?
May 22, 2009 2:23:26 PM

I too am having the same problem. I have an Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, with 12GB installed RAM, with only 8 showing up in the BIOS and Windows, but 12 in CPU-Z. Someone should post a solution for this catastrophe :) 
May 29, 2009 6:10:38 PM

I am facing the same problem. I bought this board two days ago in Hong Kong. I returned my new Corsair TR3X6G1666C9 x 2 and change to TR3X6G1333C9 x 2 that is Qualified Vendor List (QVL) to run for two set of Triple-channel. I tried to plug 6G ram (A1, B1, C1), but bios still only see 4G ram. (It should be from A1 and C1 slot). I haven't tired to plug another 6G ram into my MB coz I am sure it won't work. I can see 6G ram from cpu-z either.......... Anyone can help???? It is killing me! :( 
June 2, 2009 8:45:15 PM

I had the exact same problem. I was told that it was some kind of timing issue from a computer tech. that I know. It would show up as 8gig in bios & 8gig in system info. I also downloaded cpu-z and it showed 12gig just like you, I also downloaded the latest bios, which didn't help. So the next day I pulled all the memory out, and then installed two sticks into the orange slots & booted up and bios showed 4gigs and system info showed 4gigs. I then continued adding one stick at a time and low and behold it kept showing the correct size in bios and system info., I done this till all 6 banks was full. My bios now shows 12gig and system info shows 12gig. I did notice that my corsair 1333 memory is now running at 1066. If you read the manual it states that the system may run your memory at a slower speed. I just wonder if I increase the voltage if it will run my memory at the correct speeed. Hope this helps.

LD
July 5, 2009 4:19:12 PM

Same issue here with a P6T SE mobo. I'm puzzled why Asus hasn't addressed this so far.
August 5, 2009 3:50:04 AM

I had the same problem as well. I purchased 7 of these mb's two had this problem, and I was using the exact same setup in each one. I talked with ASUS, they are aware of the problem. I returned the 2 and the new ones work perfectly.
I will continue purchasing this board, simply because it is the best right now.

Macxs said:
hi

I have the same chip/mobo/6 slots filled with 2gb ram and have exactly the same problem! 12 gig shows up in CPUz, but only 8 in bios and Vista 64 - however, I am running 1333MHz ram (Corsair CM3X2G1333C9) already, so that doesn't help.

Logged on to Asus and updated the bios, and after booting into it I can sometimes get 10 gb to show up - but a straight boot into Windows always shows 8.

The mobo shows the blue light under the ram slots, indicating no problem.

Changing the bios voltage settings only seem to make the system bluescreen a lot more - since I reset everything abck to default auto it runs stable.

Been on Corsairs forum - no clear answers there either.

Might have to tackle Asus, or the vendors, I guess. I'd hate all the hassle of replacing the mobo.

Help! Driving me nuts! Wasted too much time on this!
Any ideas out there?

Mac

August 7, 2009 3:46:48 PM

Ya asus's x58 motherboards are having problems with 12gb RAM. I called asus they said my cpu's memory controller is faulty. RAMed Cpu. Still 8gb. Check RMA with friends computer. RAM fine. RMA motherboard. Got new motherboard. Still 8gb. Talk to newegg and got a full refund. Bought a EVGA x58 3X SLI. Happy as ever.

Long story short ASUS's x58 motherboards have problems

As to CPU-s showing 12gb. Don't believe it. The chip on the RAM says it's 2gb RAM and CPU-Z believes that. It doesn't actually test the RAM to make sure its 2gb each. Its true. Bought some really cheap RAM before. CPU-Z said it was 1gb. It really was 256mb. I got ripped off.
August 27, 2009 8:45:22 PM

So, has anybody been able to resolve this issue ??? I just bought a P6t and of course I have the same issue as everyone else. Only 8GB of 12 is detected in windows.
August 27, 2009 9:13:42 PM

just return it. problem solved. buy a gigabyte or evga x58 motherboard
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 14, 2009 8:02:22 PM

hi there,
interesting problem with the p6t...

It seems to be a problem with mobo??

first thougth that occured to me is that vista x64 home basic only supports 8GB of memory....
may not be relevant... but just in case :o 
November 16, 2009 2:56:14 AM

I have a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 with OCZ Obsidian Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3OB1600LV6GKOS. Installed Win7 Pro 64 bit. The BIOS and OS both only showed 4 Gig of the 6 GIG installed. I did some digging and found the following BIOS setting fixed my problem immediatly. 9-9-9-24-88 (CAS 9, tRCD 9, tRP 9, tRAS 24, tRFC 88.) My machine has now been up for 36 hours with no issues and both the BIOS and OS show 6 GIG memory now. All other memory settings left on Auto.

Regards,
TheDave
December 16, 2009 3:05:37 AM

beachbum said:
That's what I thought at first. However, all the banks are filled. So it's not a bank config issue. All the memory has been tested-no issues there. So starting with the bios. When all banks are filled, the bios does not see the 12 gigs. In fact, the bios reads only 8 gigs. When I enter the OS (Vista 64x) The Os also displays 8gigs. Now when I use the little utility, CPU-Z does in fact show the 12 gigs. Now, if it were a Latency issue, I should have that problem with no matter if I have 3 banks filled or two. All memory is the same as noted. Now I have been able to get the bios to recognize upto 10gigs. But with I add the final bank, it subtracts, and brings it back to eight. Eight, not ten. How strange is that? I will go back to check sttings, but this issue happens with default settings with no OC.

Thanks.

I spoke with an ASUS rep about the "missing memory" issue today.

This problem is likely the result of using RAM that is incompatible with the motherboard. DDR3 is very picky about the way memory modules are configured within the DIMM slots, and most RAM sticks can only be configured on ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 boards in specific ways. For starters, if you're only filling three slots, make sure they're all the same channel (fill all the orange DIMM slots first).

ASUS maintains a "Memory Qualified Vendors List" PDF on its website that details the accepted configurations for different memory models, arranged by vendor and part number.

Find the link to the PDF download here: http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=iRlP8RG9han6saZx&... Click on the "Download" tab, select OS, and click on "Qualified Vendors List."

When you remove certain RAM sticks, you are necessarily changing the way that the RAM modules are arranged within the slots, and consequently, you may accidentally stumble upon an accepted configuration (hence the BIOS recognizes the additional memory).

So, this is not a problem with the P6T Deluxe V2; it's an incompatibility issue with the motherboard and the specific memory being used.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 6, 2010 4:09:01 PM

If you are filling all 6 banks with memory fist make sure the two tri channels are compatible with each other. Second, in the BIOS set the memory frequency to one step lower than what is given in the brand.
February 15, 2010 9:17:12 PM

I read around and found a possible solution. The 1336 socket pins: if one is bent for the mem controller it will cause this. These were never an issue until a year after build but I am going to try it. A Asus forum member suggested using a razor blade to repair bent pins. One user at least found it worked.
February 18, 2010 10:28:46 PM

caniba said:

I too have a Asus X58 MB, I sure hope this helps all concerned. I had the very same issue as you all, 12gig ram showing 8gig in bios and in Win Vista, 7 64 bit. This is how I corrected my problem: In bios under AI Tweaker- UCLK- (set to twice the RAM clock speed)(My Config DDR3 1600) so UCLK setting 3200. Default is: Auto. Asus should either issue another Bios update or at the very least include a Notice in the User Manual ...
February 28, 2010 2:53:09 AM

I have a P6T mobo with 3x2 GB of OCZ PC15000 RAM and a i7 920. I've RMA'd my mobo twice already and RMA'd my CPU already. I keep coming up with 4GB of RAM rather than 6. If I reseat my CPU and reset all of my RAM, it comes up with 6GB until I do a shut down. All settings are default (I've tried changing to x.m.p) with no fix. I'm about to say screw it with this mobo and buy an Intel or an EVGA. Too many hours and too much money put into this system with WAY too many errors.
March 10, 2010 8:01:32 PM

This my 1st post so go easy on me if i've broke any rules. If you go to the Asus site

" http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=iRlP8RG9han6saZx&... "

and download the file showing the compatible ram it says in the fine print that " When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended." That is for the deluxe board.

For the SE board it states " - Due to the memory address limitation on 32-bit Windows OS, when you install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard, the actual usable memory for the OS can be about 3GB or less. For effective use of memory, we recommend that you install a 64-bit Windows OS when having 4GB or more memory installed on the motherboard.

Hopefully that addresses the memory problems with this board
May 3, 2010 9:39:29 AM

i have a asus p6t deluxe v2 board
i7 930@3.6
12gig of g-skill 1600 ram
5870 in crossfirex
at first it shows i have only 8 gigs of ram no matter what voltages i used for the ram or qpi or anything
after much trying i discovered a working way around this problem not a solution
first go to the bios and set everything to auto and restart
it should tell you the standard speed of cpu and 12 gigs of ram but not at the speed it should be
at the resart go back into the bios and reset your cpu ram to what you want and restart and it should give you all of the ram in windows
unfortunatly it does not hold if you turn it off overnite
i do it every morning and it works flawlessly all day and it runs all tests
it works for me and i hope it will help somebody else
i am also going to try and use 3 sticks of 4 gig ram for i think the trouble is it only wants to run 1 channel not 2
hop it helps
May 3, 2010 8:13:00 PM

I had same problem with my 3x2Gb OCZ 1333MHz 1.65V
Fixed it by setting the correct parameter in BIOS instead of AUTO http://i43.tinypic.com/iqzh5h.jpg
Just type correct voltage where it say AUTO.

BTW. CPU-Z don't show how much ram you got, it just type the information it get from the ram module. CPU-Z ask: "who are you and how big are you?" CPU-Z just pass the information it get.
May 8, 2010 10:46:24 PM

I've just gone through two motherboards with the same issue--the ASUS P6T and the EVGA SLI LE, both X58 chipset boards.

I don't believe it's the board mfr nor the Memory sticks, I think it's the chipset, since that's the common denominator.

However...totally at odds with what I just said...I finally got mine to show the full 4 gig DDR3 instead of the 2Gig which it had been showing. I just swapped the sticks, and *made damn sure* they were fully inserted in the slots. I've got a suspicion that the ddr3 slots let a stick *feel* tight, but not really be in there all the way.

Anyway, I rebooted, and saw immediately on the memcount that it was the 4096, and in windows it showd the 2.6 or whatever WIndows takes away for graphics mem, pci crap, etc.

So I'm really, really hesitant to restart this thing!! I'm afraid just restarting it will make it show 2 gig again. But for now I'm good to go.
--James
May 9, 2010 12:42:58 AM

Oh...I forgot and this is probably important...I upped the Dimm DQ Vref to +25

I'm fairly certain though, that this didn't immediately do the trick...because it wasn't until after I swapped the sticks that I was able to see the 4 gig.

Anway, I've rebooted, tried some overclocking, and it still sees the 4 gig and is stable.
--Jim
May 9, 2010 10:14:01 PM

Ok so I just did another evga x58, this time with 6 gig (3x2G). Booted up and it showed only 4 gig!

Now, even after my post above where I mentioned the sticks feeling tight but not being tight...I found I still made the same mistake.

I turned the machine off and gave a firm pull on the corners of each stick and voila--one pulled out. It had felt tight going in and I thought I heard the clip snap over it, but it wasn't all the way in--and I was even thinking about this as I installed it because of the last mobo I did.

So what I'm thinking...going through this a few times...is that a stick can be partly in and *feel* like it's tight--and it may or may not work. Maybe it's just loose enough that pushing the few extra mvolts through it makes it show up in bios, I don't know.

But I do know that when I come across a problem like this and see hundreds of people with the same issue, and then people start talking about bent cpu pins (??!!!) and all variety of different voltage settings to fix it...and certain things work for some and other things work for others and an eye of newt and some chants works for yet another---then it's time to step back and start over.

I've been putting together machines for years and I *thought* I knew what I'm doing but *still* I made a rookie mistake--twice--and in the end there really was never any *hidden memory* issue with the mobo, the controller, the voltage, the mem sticks, and for damn sure not the motherboards cpu pins.

So that's just my story. I extrapolate that to many people out there because I figure I'm kind of average...like the hundreds of people out there with the same issue...and maybe somebody else made the same mistake I did and has the sticks pushed not quite all the way in, and they're messing with voltages and using magnifying glasses to look at cpu pins, when just a good firm snap of the mem stick might just do the trick for them as it did for me, twice.
--Jim
a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2010 2:27:58 PM

12GB wihout a problem here. I lowered the frequency from 1600MHz to 1333Mhz, however I use more agressive latencies 7 7 7 20 (original 8 8 8 24).

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage to 1.35v
DRAM Bus Voltage to 1.64v
trfc set to 100
Comand rate to 2N
July 20, 2010 7:26:54 AM

I also have the similar problem. I have the plain P6T. I have 6 sticks of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600, 3 2 gig sticks and 3 1 gig sticks. If I try to run them all, the BIOS and Windows 7 Pro x64 sees 8 gigs instead of 9 gigs. If I take the 3 1 gig sticks out, BIOS and OS see the correct 6 gigs. Timings 8-8-8-24 and I7 920 overclocked to 3.5 gig and Turbo on. All this time and motherboards still aren't completely stable populating all memory slots. You would think they would have this down by now but they don't. I've never had very good luck trying to use all the memory slots in various motherboards I've owned over time, especially if overclocking. I'm just going to stick with 3 sticks (6 gigs) and call it good. One of these days when 4 gig sticks come down in price, I'll pick up a 3 set.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 29, 2010 1:48:20 AM

I could write a frickin' book about all the toubleshooting I've done on this board over the past year. Bought this package deal offer from Newegg: Asus P6T Deluxe V2, i7 920, and 6 gigs of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 memory. Put it together, no boot up. Discovered removing the Dimm B_2 stick allowed boot-up. RMA to ASUS, got it back, same exact problem. Called ASUS, tech told me it was a problem with the memory controller on the CPU, thus making it sound like it was a defective CPU. Called Intel, tech told me my problem is that I was using DDR3 1600 memory and that the 920 is only capable of DDR3 1066 and MAYBE 1333. Looked in the 920 literature and it is as he said. So I'm like all flipping on Newegg for selling me a package deal that isn't compatible. Then I start reading about all the people who are indeed using DDR3 1600 memory with their 920 and I'm like what the heck is going on here would someone like tell me please? Newegg of course isn't going to take my 1600 back....but what's the sense of having a 64 bit system if I can't have more than 4 gigs?, so like an idiot I just went out and bought 6 gigs of DDR3 1066 to replace my 1600. Then before it got here I started thinking like, what an idiot, why the heck didn't I just try underclocking the 1600 first just to see if it works? So then it got here and, put it in.....only 4 gigs of the 1066 showing! and of course it's all my fault because, like and idiot I didn't bother to reread, again, the list of certified vendors, and low and behold my vendor isn't on their for that speed. Then I thought, what an idiot, why don't you just install all 12 gigs in and maybe it will see at least 6 of the 12 gigs. So, the 1600 went into the orange and the 1066 when into the black (right?), and poof, it show 8 gigs of memory, so I"m like all, great, maybe I'm not an idiot after all, I have 8 gigs when I was only hoping for 6. After this post I'm going to still try underlocking my memory to see if I can get it to read all 12 gig. If you don't hear back from me you know it didn't work. But I still have 8 gigs!
September 15, 2010 8:49:41 PM

I have an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and had 6 sticks of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 memory. When I built the system about a year ago, it showed all 12GB of RAM. Now it only shows 8. Not sure when it changed. Not something I look at every time it boots. I noticed now because the system was randomly shutting down. Not sure if the power supply was faulty or the cooler was not as effective and the CPU was overheating.

I was monitoring CPU and heat was getting up around 64 degrees when the system was shutting down. So a new cooler could only help there.

Then I noticed when I put the new power supply and cooler, that only 8GB was showing up. I tried removing, re-inserting, moving memory around. I cycled through a lot of slots and memory. What I came up with is that all the DIMMs are good. I used them all and they all work. However, all the slots do not work. The two middle slots (B) are simply not showing anything is in them. The only thing I DID NOT do is use CPUz to check to see if IT would see the RAM. I figure that if the BIOS cannot, even if CPUz saw something plugged in, it would not change the fact that nothing else does see it. =)

I don't want to swap the MB. The thing was not cheap and it should have lasted. Asus has been pretty flaky for me lately. They used to make the best MBs on the block. Now, they seem sort of second rate. I have had a lot of problems with them over the last 5 years.

Think it is time to run on 8GB for now, backup data one last time, and see about getting a new MB. This time something besides Asus.
September 16, 2010 9:13:35 PM

I have P6T Deluxe V2 with 12GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D and i7-930. Out of box it shows 12GB but at 1066. There is a BIOS option for the memory, MAX or some such thing (I don't have the system here) that speeded it up to 1600 and all is happy. I did have to replace the first MB as it was totally dead but no memory issues.
September 16, 2010 9:25:20 PM

I found the reply I received on the ASUS boards:

"If the memory supports XMP, then have a look at your BIOS 'AI Overclock Tuner' and set that to 'X.M.P'.. save and exit the BIOS"

which worked for me perfectly.
September 17, 2010 9:00:25 PM

daisame said:
I have an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and had 6 sticks of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 memory. When I built the system about a year ago, it showed all 12GB of RAM. Now it only shows 8. Not sure when it changed. Not something I look at every time it boots. I noticed now because the system was randomly shutting down. Not sure if the power supply was faulty or the cooler was not as effective and the CPU was overheating.

I was monitoring CPU and heat was getting up around 64 degrees when the system was shutting down. So a new cooler could only help there.

Then I noticed when I put the new power supply and cooler, that only 8GB was showing up. I tried removing, re-inserting, moving memory around. I cycled through a lot of slots and memory. What I came up with is that all the DIMMs are good. I used them all and they all work. However, all the slots do not work. The two middle slots (B) are simply not showing anything is in them. The only thing I DID NOT do is use CPUz to check to see if IT would see the RAM. I figure that if the BIOS cannot, even if CPUz saw something plugged in, it would not change the fact that nothing else does see it. =)

I don't want to swap the MB. The thing was not cheap and it should have lasted. Asus has been pretty flaky for me lately. They used to make the best MBs on the block. Now, they seem sort of second rate. I have had a lot of problems with them over the last 5 years.

Think it is time to run on 8GB for now, backup data one last time, and see about getting a new MB. This time something besides Asus.

I have all the problems that is reported here and I have an Asus Rampage III Extreme. Plus false temperature readings that crash my system. I you go over to the Asus forum you will see that a lot and I mean a lot of peoples have the same problems.
September 17, 2010 9:03:47 PM

I forgot to mention that the memory I use is in the memory support list at Asus.
September 22, 2010 8:27:43 AM

thedave said:
I have a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 with OCZ Obsidian Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3OB1600LV6GKOS. Installed Win7 Pro 64 bit. The BIOS and OS both only showed 4 Gig of the 6 GIG installed. I did some digging and found the following BIOS setting fixed my problem immediatly. 9-9-9-24-88 (CAS 9, tRCD 9, tRP 9, tRAS 24, tRFC 88.) My machine has now been up for 36 hours with no issues and both the BIOS and OS show 6 GIG memory now. All other memory settings left on Auto.

Regards,
TheDave

RodS_71 said:
I too have a Asus X58 MB, I sure hope this helps all concerned. I had the very same issue as you all, 12gig ram showing 8gig in bios and in Win Vista, 7 64 bit. This is how I corrected my problem: In bios under AI Tweaker- UCLK- (set to twice the RAM clock speed)(My Config DDR3 1600) so UCLK setting 3200. Default is: Auto. Asus should either issue another Bios update or at the very least include a Notice in the User Manual ...

I have a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard and 6 x 2GB 1333 MHz OCZ RAM (OCZ3P1333LV6GK) with the timings 7-7-7-20. For me it was not enough just to change the timings. I had to set both the DRAM speed to 1066MHz and UCLK to 2166MHz together with the DRAM timings 9-9-9-24-88. I have now restarted the computer more than 50 times and it has detected 12 GB each time. It was nessesary to set the UCLK to 2166MHz for som reason, even though you should think that the BIOS could set it right.

If I try to set faster DRAM timings or the DRAM speed to 1333MHz then only 8 GB RAM are detected by BIOS, even though I try to set QPI/DRAM Core Voltage to 1,275V and DRAM Bus Voltage to 1,66V too. The computer is used as a server running 24/7 at work, therefore I don't want to try to increase the voltages any higher.

Hope these settings can help other people with their 12/8 GB detection problem.

Regards,
Henrik
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 2, 2010 8:34:20 AM

caniba said:

Just RMA'd mine with this same problem and they sent the board back untouched it would seem. I'll not recommend or purchase Asus products any more that's for sure.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 2, 2010 8:41:41 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!