New ATI 4850 Dual monitors crash

doomlulz

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Hello, I have recently did my first computer build myself. I decided to go with the ATI 4850
[ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102770 ]

Being a person that used dual monitors in the past on my older computer with a x1300 I jumped at the chance to use dual monitors on my new card, knowing how much better the performance would be. Unfortunatly whenever I try dual monitors with this card my computer goes haywire and crashes, and flickers weird white lines and resets itself over and over untill I finally unplug the second monitor. Its not the monitors either, ive tried it with my TV and such, getting the same crashing results. I have tried setting dual monitors in the control center and via windows, no luck.

Thanks to whoever can help me, much appreciated.

patch28

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
I have the exact same problem. I believe it is an issue in the most recent drivers, as I used dual monitors for months ever since I got my card the first week they were available. The crashing didn't start until recently. I am going to try uninstalling the recent drivers and installing the original ones that came with the card.

G

I am having the same problem also. Would love to know how to fix this.

Thanks.

bdeimen

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Same problem here too. Windows 7 x64 with an Intel core i7 cpu and 12 gigs of ram I tried rolling back the driver, but it didn't work for me, though it's possible I didn't go back far enough.