outlook express data backup question...?

Hello everyone,

I want to know how can I backup or secure my outlook express configuration
with all my emails and newsgroups data on a separate location such that in
any event of failure of some kind I want to be able to just reinsall windows
xp and get my whole outlook express configuration and data just as it was
before the crash.

thanx,

_MrM_
4 answers Last reply
More about outlook express data backup question

    Greetings,

    Microsoft Knowledge Database - How to back up and recover Outlook Express
    data
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270670

    Hope this helps!

    --
    Best of luck,

    Jose Francisco
    jose@xpsource.com or josefarrugia@gmail.com
    XPSource - http://www.xpsource.com

    "mujeebrm" <mujeebrm@y!.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I want to know how can I backup or secure my outlook express configuration
    > with all my emails and newsgroups data on a separate location such that in
    > any event of failure of some kind I want to be able to just reinsall
    > windows
    > xp and get my whole outlook express configuration and data just as it was
    > before the crash.
    >

    > thanx,
    >
    > _MrM_

    "mujeebrm" <mujeebrm@y!.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I want to know how can I backup or secure my outlook express
    > configuration with all my emails and newsgroups data on a separate
    > location such that in any event of failure of some kind I want to be
    > able to just reinsall windows xp and get my whole outlook express
    > configuration and data just as it was before the crash.
    >

    > thanx,
    >
    > _MrM_

    Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities
    http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    How to back up and recover Outlook Express data:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270670

    PC Hell: How to Backup Outlook Express Mail, Address Book, Mail Rules and
    Other Settings:
    http://www.pchell.com/support/backupoe.shtml

    OEBackup: (free)

    Genie-Soft - Outlook Express Backup: (not a freeware...but a fantastic
    program that automates the entire backup.restore. I recommend this)
    http://www.genie-soft.com/products/oeb/default.html

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "mujeebrm" <mujeebrm@y!.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I want to know how can I backup or secure my outlook express configuration
    > with all my emails and newsgroups data on a separate location such that in
    > any event of failure of some kind I want to be able to just reinsall
    > windows
    > xp and get my whole outlook express configuration and data just as it was
    > before the crash.
    >

    > thanx,
    >
    > _MrM_

    Tools - Options - Maintenance - Store Folder - Change. That will tell you
    currently where Outlook Express stores your data. You can browse to that
    location in Windows Explorer and copy all the files to a backup location on
    another drive. You can also change the store folder itself to another drive.
    That way, if XP fails, all your emails are safely backed up on another hard
    drive. It is good to have at least one backup always.

    To restore all the emails if your Outlook Express gets corrupted or if you
    have to reinstall Windows, open Outlook Express and go to File - Import.
    First import Mail Account Settings. Then import Messages. For either import,
    select the option for an OE6 store folder and then browse to your other
    drive where you have your backup.

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > "mujeebrm" <mujeebrm@y!.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello everyone,
    >>
    >> I want to know how can I backup or secure my outlook express
    >> configuration with all my emails and newsgroups data on a separate
    >> location such that in any event of failure of some kind I want to be
    >> able to just reinsall windows xp and get my whole outlook express
    >> configuration and data just as it was before the crash.
    >>

    >> thanx,
    >>
    >> _MrM_
    >
    > Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities
    > http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com