Sign in with
Your question

How to run two harddisk at the same time?

Last response: in Storage
April 6, 2010 7:52:25 AM

How to run two harddisk of different capacity at same time and copy the content from one disk to another/.

More about : run harddisk time

April 6, 2010 8:17:09 AM

Install them both, go to my computer, copy C: to other drive :) 
April 6, 2010 10:26:12 AM

If you connect the 'guest' hdd to to a hdd connector and it gives you a master/slave problem, you can temporarily disconnect your dvd-rom and connect the 'guest' hdd instead. This needs one restart and is sure to work with the IDE connectors. The 'guest' hdd is automatically detected.
Related resources
a b G Storage
April 6, 2010 1:12:52 PM

Hi.

+1 to p1n3apqlexpr3ss.

Also, if your refer to RAID 1 (mirroring), the size of the mirror is limited to the size of the smallest HD.
a b G Storage
April 6, 2010 1:18:24 PM

Depends on what content you are wanting to move. If you are trying to move an installed OS you will need to use a software solution, personally I prefer to reinstall and start over fresh, but there are several options out there acronis is one and WD used to have a free one you could download.

Now if you are just trying to move some data files. You simply install both drives and then cut and paste away.
April 7, 2010 8:54:31 AM

Thank you for your response i will try the things and get back to you.
a b G Storage
April 7, 2010 1:26:42 PM

If you want to simply copy some files, yeah just plug them in, copy and paste, nothing to it.

If you are talking about moving your OS, applications, everything to another drive, then you must use a software solution capable of "mirroring" your drive to another drive. Acronis True Image is one, there is a 30 day free trial download, and it works great, step by step instructions, very easy program to use.

If you are talking about using more than 1 drive at the same time like 1 larger drive for speed or storage, then you want to look into what is called RAID. There is a whole world of information you must sift through about RAID though, and Google is your friend to find it.
April 9, 2010 9:01:42 AM

If you want to connect two drives into your Computer and use them both at the same time, you just plug both cables direct to your motherboard and to your hard drives and Windows will recognize them.But make sure the both hard disk you are connecting is not SATA hard disk. Sata drives don't have jumpers for connecting two drives, but they do have jumpers for Transfer speed which you do not need to touch.
April 9, 2010 10:16:50 AM

Thanks for all your support which is helping me to know how to connect the hard disk.
!